Deal alert: Escape to sunny Florida this winter for less than $100 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Florida is a year-round destination that becomes especially attractive once temperatures drop in other parts of the country. Sweetening that appeal are these round-trip fares available on American Airlines, Delta and JetBlue. Fly in January and February 2022 to Florida hot spots for less than $100.
Want your TPG news delivered straight to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
We learned about the deal from our friends at Secret Flying, who report on fares to Tampa (TPA), Miami (MIA), Orlando (MCO) and Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for less than $100 round-trip on Delta and JetBlue in January and February. Departure cities include Atlanta (ATL), New York (JFK/LGA) and Washington, D.C. (DCA).
Airlines: American, Delta, JetBlue.
Routes: ATL to MIA, JFK/LGA to TPA, DCA to MCO, ORD to FLL.
How to book: Directly through airline sites or Google Flights.
Travel dates: January-February 2022.
One of the cheapest flights we found was for $81 round-trip from Atlanta (ATL) to Miami (MIA) at the end of January via American Airlines. This Main Cabin fare includes free seat selection and one free carry-on, making it an especially good deal.
Get away from frigid Chicago (ORD) with this $91 fare to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) on JetBlue in mid-January. This is a Blue Basic ticket, which means you will pay extra for seat selection and even carry-on luggage.
We found a nonstop flight from New York (LGA) to Tampa (TPA) at the end of January for $97 round-trip on Delta. The basic economy fare includes a free carry-on item.
We also found several options available on JetBlue from Washington, D.C. (DCA), to Orlando (MCO) for $97 at the end of January.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: Frequent JetBlue flyers can use the JetBlue Plus Card for 6x on eligible JetBlue purchases, the JetBlue Card for 3x on eligible JetBlue purchases or the JetBlue Business Card for 6x on eligible JetBlue purchases. Otherwise, try The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
The information for the JetBlue Card, the JetBlue Plus Card, the JetBlue Business Card and the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Don’t let the chilly, dark days of January and February get you down. With these great fares to the Sunshine State, you can become a snowbird if you book soon.
Featured photo by Summer Hull/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees