Deal alert: Round-trip flights to Costa Rica under $250
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Costa Rica’s scenery, wildlife and overall way of life are legendary. The country’s motto is “Pura Vida,” or “Pure Life,” and it takes pride in the description as “the happiest country in the world.” If the chance comes to visit Costa Rica, take it. Now, thanks to JetBlue, the opportunity may be closer than ever. The airline is offering deals from major U.S. cities to San Jose, Costa Rica in the beginning of the year for under $250 round-trip.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The offer was first reported by The Flight Deal which has a premium subscription for $80 per year for access to first, business and premium economy deals. This deal is available from January to March 2022, with the best prices in February.
Airline: JetBlue Airways.
Routes: JFK/BOS/FLL/MCO/MIA to SJO.
How to book: Directly through JetBlue or via Google Flights.
Travel dates: January to March 2022.
The deals below are for Blue Basic seats on JetBlue, which include a personal item but no seat selection, carry-on or checked bag (all available for an additional fee).
We found many options for flights from Florida, including fares under $250 round-trip from Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Orlando. One of the cheapest fares is from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to San Jose (SJO) for $212 round-trip in mid-March.
From Orlando (MCO), you can fly to San Jose (SJO) for $230 round-trip from the end of January to the beginning of February.
In the beginning of February, flights are available from Miami (MIA) to San Jose (SJO) for $247 round-trip with one stop in New York (JFK).
One of the best fares we found was from New York (JFK) to San Jose (SJO) in February for $170 round-trip. This is less than half of what fare typically cost during that time period.
If Boston is your home town, travel to San Jose (SJO) with a stop in New York (JFK) for $210 round-trip at the beginning of February. Again, this is half the price of the usual round-trip fare.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points. Frequent JetBlue fliers can use the JetBlue Plus Card for 6x on eligible JetBlue purchases, the JetBlue Card for 3x on eligible JetBlue purchases or the JetBlue Business Card for 6x on eligible JetBlue purchases.
The information for the JetBlue Card, the JetBlue Plus Card, the JetBlue Business Card and the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Costa Rica is a bridge between two continents and the perfect setting for a warm winter break. Take advantage of this affordable getaway from JetBlue before these deals sell out.
Featured image by Westend61/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees