Deal Alert: Round-trip fares to Alaska from $135
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alaska is not only one of our most beautiful states, it’s one whose appeal changes with the seasons. Summer (for obvious reasons) is the peak time for visitors. But the Northern Lights, dog sled races and ice-carving contests of winter may beckon the more adventurous among us. With these deals on Alaska Airlines and Delta Air Lines, basic economy fares are available for as low as $135 round-trip for much of 2022.
Want your TPG news delivered straight to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
We heard about this deal from our friends at Thrifty Traveler Premium, who first sent it out to their subscribers. Premium subscribers are notified about cheap flights, award flight sales and business-class deals by email for $7.99 monthly or $49.99 annually.
If you aren’t a Thrifty Traveler Premium member, you can find these basic economy rates on Google Flights and the airline sites.
Delta basic economy includes a free carry-on but not a checked bag, no refund options and no seat assignment selection. Alaska Airlines’ basic economy options are called Saver Fares which also include a carry-on but not a checked bag and fliers can only choose a seat when booking directly through the airline.
Airlines: Alaska Airlines, Delta Air Lines
Routes: SEA/LAX/EWR/MCO/ORD to Anchorage, Alaska (ANC)
Cost: From $135 round-trip
How to book: Search flights via Google Flights and then book on Alaska or Delta airline sites
Dates: January – October 2022; availability varies but best deals are throughout January and February
This deal includes round-trip flights from various major U.S. cities, such as Cincinnati (CVG), Chicago (ORD), Denver (DEN), New York (LGA), Newark (EWR) and Los Angeles (LAX), to Anchorage, Alaska.
- Atlanta (ATL) – $335
- Boston (BOS) – $310
- Chicago (ORD) – $246
- Cincinnati (CVG) – $334
- Denver (DEN) – $250
- Houston (IAH) – $318
- Los Angeles (LAX) – $298
- New York (LGA) – $212
- Newark (EWR) – $207
- Seattle (SEA) – $135
The most affordable deal was a nonstop, round-trip, basic economy ticket from Seattle (SEA) to ANC for $135 available through Alaska Airlines and Delta on Google Flights.
We also found options on Google Flights and Alaska Airlines for Newark (EWR) to ANC. On Google Flights prices ranged from $207-211 round-trip in late January to early February. The Alaska Airlines site had the same flight for a similar price at $206.10.
We also found one-stop flights from Los Angeles (LAX) to ANC flight via Alaska Airlines at $259 and Delta at $261 for a basic economy round-trip ticket from the middle to the end of January.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: You can book with the Alaska Airlines Visa® Business card or Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card to earn an unlimited 3 miles for every $1 spent on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases. You can also earn points by paying with The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Whether you’re interested in skiing, salmon fishing, glacier hiking or simply relaxing in a luxury lodge admiring the wildlife, a trip to Alaska will change you. Don’t miss the opportunity to admire the Great Land at these great fares.
Featured image photo courtesy of Visit Anchorage.
Updated on 4/27/22.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees