Rare Nationwide Flight Deals to Germany, Austria and Switzerland From $294 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11 p.m. Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Flights to German, Swiss and Austrian cities are available for as low as $294 round-trip starting in October and extending through May 2020, as first reported by Scott’s Cheap Flights.
Though it’s not uncommon for large departure cities like Los Angeles or New York to have deals like this, there are a lot of smaller US cities that are included in this deal like Birmingham (BHM), Appleton (ATW), Billings (BIL) and Des Moines (DSM) just to name a few. You can fly to cities like Berlin (TXL), Dusseldorf (DUS), Hamburg (HAM), Munich (MUC), Stuttgart (STR), Vienna (VIE) and Zurich (ZRH). Just plug in your preferred departure city and where you’d like to go and see what prices come up (it’s possible every route combination won’t have these low prices, so you may have to experiment a bit).
If you’ve been dreaming of spending the holiday season roaming the German Christmas markets or enjoying some tasty Swiss chocolate, this is your chance.
These fares are available in basic economy which means on most carriers you will have to pay to pick your seat, check additional baggage and will not be eligible for upgrades.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airline: American, British Airways, Delta, United, Air Canada
Routes: Many US cities to TXL/DUS/HAM/MUC/STR/VIE/ZRH
Cost: $294+ round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: October 2019-May 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Chicago (ORD) to Zurich (ZRH) for $294 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Zurich (ZRH) for $294 round-trip:
Omaha (OMA) to Munich (MUC) for $337 round-trip:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Munich (MUC) for $337 round-trip:
Albany (ALB) to Munich (MUC) for $340 round-trip:
Portland (PDX) to Berlin (TXL) for $348 round-trip:
Miami (MIA) to Berlin (TXL) for $348 round-trip
Seattle (SEA) to Berlin (TXL) for $359 round-trip:
Baltimore (BWI) to Berlin (TXL) for $359 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Pablo Bonfiglio / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees