Fly to Puerto Vallarta from $237 round trip
Flight deals to beach destinations keep on coming — fares to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, are currently as low as $237 round-trip.
With its white sand beaches and teal waters, Puerto Vallarta is an ideal getaway. There's more to this popular vacation spot than its beaches, including a rich food scene and pristine waterfalls. Airfare to Puerto Vallarta typically costs at least $400. Currently, multiple airlines are offering bargain fares from a few U.S. cities.
Also, travel dates for these deals are from July 2023 through February 2024, so you have a wide window to determine when to visit and plan your trip to Puerto Vallarta.
Related: The St. Regis Punta Mita: This resort will restore your faith in the service sector
Airlines: Aeromexico, American Airlines, JetBlue and United Airlines.
Routes: Baltimore, Denver, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
How to book: Search through Google Flights to find your ideal dates and then book directly with the airline of your choice.
Travel dates: July 2023 through February 2024.
Book by: Within the next two days.
Kudos to Going for scouting these deals. For $49 a year, the site’s Premium membership offers discounts of up to 90% and comes with a 14-day free trial. The Elite-tier membership also finds premium, business-class and first-class deals.
With airfare costing well under $400, these deals to Puerto Vallarta are a bargain.
Here are the available flights you can take to Puerto Vallarta:
- American: Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport (PVR), starting at $237.
- United: Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) to PVR, starting at $259 (includes a layover in Houston).
- Aeromexico: Denver International Airport (DEN) to PVR, starting at $284 (includes a layover in Mexico City).
- Aeromexico: San Francisco International Airport (SFO) to PVR, starting at $330 (includes a layover in Mexico City).
We recommend using Google Flights to determine your travel dates and then booking your flights directly on the airline's website since airlines are more dependable in the event your flight is delayed, canceled or has a booking change.
For flights between Baltimore and Puerto Vallarta, United's $259 flight is the cheapest option according to Google Flights.
United's round-trip fare is also considered to be low since flights to Puerto Vallarta typically cost anywhere from $400 to $740, according to Google Flights.
While the $259 round-trip fare is quite low, keep in mind that the fare is for basic economy, which is the most no-frills seat class. United's basic economy does not include a free carry-on and does not allow for ticket changes or refunds. There's also an additional fee for seat selection.
United also offers a variety of bundles that include perks like seat selection, checked baggage and Wi-Fi that you can add to your flights at an additional cost.
Economy seats will cost anywhere from $11 to $25 depending on the segment (in this case, you'll have four segments since the departing and returning flights include a layover in Houston).
Maximize your purchase
Use cards that earn bonus points on airfare purchases like:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express (5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel), on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Citi Prestige® Card (5 points per dollar on airfare).
- Citi Premier® Card (see rates and fees), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar on airfare).
- American Express® Gold Card (3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel).
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar on travel).
For tips on making the most of your airfare purchases, read Maximize your airfare: The best credit cards for booking flights.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If you're looking for a beach vacation but also don't want to spend all your time on the beach, Puerto Vallarta is a great destination. From whale watching to vibrant street murals, Puerto Vallarta has a lot to offer.
These deals are fantastic for booking a Mexico getaway without breaking the bank. Just make sure you book your flights quickly — before seats fill up.