Deal alert: Round-trip flights from US to Norway for less than $500
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flights to Europe are even more expensive than usual due, in part, to rising fuel prices, but round-trip flights to Oslo, Norway, just popped up for less than $500. With this deal, you can even get a round-trip flight from New York City‘s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to Oslo Airport (OSL) for as low as $227 in September and October.
Round trips to Oslo from New York and other U.S. cities — including Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Boston and Chicago — are also available from September to April starting at $443; these rates are up to 49% cheaper than the usual prices for this route.
You’ll have to act fast with this deal since it’s only expected to last one to three days.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airlines: Delta Air Lines, Air France, JetBlue Airways, Icelandair.
Routes: New York, Boston, Chicago, Baltimore and Washington, D.C., to Oslo.
How to book: Search Google Flights and book directly through the airline’s website.
Travel dates: September 2022 to April 2023; exact availability depends on the route.
Book by: One to two days for the JFK to OSL deal for September and October, and two to three days for everything else.
This deal is only expected to last for a day or two, so acting fast is key. We were able to jump on this deal quickly thanks to Frequent Miler, which first reported on this deal.
There are lots of options, but exact deal details differ by dates and routes. So, we’re going to lay out the exact routes here for your convenience:
- JFK to OSL, starting at $228 for travel from September to October 2022, which is 72% less than the average price for this route.
Additionally, there are a handful of flights that are still approximately 40% less than what they’d normally cost, despite being more expensive than the fall JFK to OSL route:
- JFK to OSL, starting at $474 for travel from November 2022 to April 2023.
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) to OSL, starting at $474 for travel from September 2022 to April 2023.
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) to OSL, starting at $443 for travel from September 2022 to April 2023.
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) to OSL, starting at $468 for travel from September 2022 to April 2023.
- O’Hare International Airport (ORD) to OSL starting at $458 for travel from September 2022 to April 2023.
To book this deal, visit Google Flights and take a look at the booking calendar, which lays out prices for all travel dates. Select your travel dates, then choose the airline and flights that suit you best.
This round-trip flight is a great option available from JFK to OSL in early October for $229 — the layover is about two hours each way.
You’ll notice that this flight is available to book via both Delta and KLM, but we booked directly through Delta because it was cheaper than KLM. You’ll have the choice between booking an Economy Light fare or upgrading to economy.
The Economy Light fare is the cheapest option, but know that checking a bag costs an extra $70. You also won’t have the freedom to change or cancel your flights, choose your seats or earn miles for your trip.
With the economy option, you’ll be able to choose seats, change flights without any change fees, cancel the flight for its full value, board earlier, get miles and bring one checked bag for no extra cost. Think about what’s best for your needs before deciding to go with the cheapest fare.
Maximize your purchase
Using a card that earns points for airfare will get you the most bang for your buck. The Platinum Card® from American Express earns 5 points per dollar on airfare purchases up to $500,000 booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel. The Citi Premier® Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve both earn 3 points per dollar on airfare. The American Express® Gold Card gets 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel. The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card will get you 2 points per dollar on all travel-related purchases.
Check out this post to learn more about maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
This deal gives you the opportunity to save up to 72% on round-trip airfare to Oslo from several major airports in the U.S., including JFK, IAD, BWI, BOS and ORD. With this deal, you can get to Europe within the next year without breaking the bank.
While $227 is the best deal of the bunch (though it’s not available as long as the other options), a round-trip flight to Europe for less than $500 is still a great deal.
Take it from us: If this is a deal you want to take advantage of, don’t delay. Nail down those dates and get this rate in the next few days while it lasts.
Featured photo by Copyright Morten Falch Sortland/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees