This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Right now low-cost carriers are offering up some really cheap deals to fly to Paris, France (CDG). And while flights on carriers like WOW or Icelandair require connecting halfway through the journey, all of the options below are for nonstop flights.
Keep in mind that when flying on low-cost carriers, you’ll potentially be subject to extra fees for items that are often included on full service carriers, such as charges for carry-ons and seat assignments. Don’t be surprised — know the rules and you can avoid or minimize many of these fees.
Also, as delays/cancellation on low-cost carriers can leave you stranded, we’d recommend booking these flights with a credit card that offers trip delay protection. That way you know you’ll be reimbursed for up to $500 per person in lodging, food and ground transportation in case you have problems during your trip.
Airlines: Primera Air, LEVEL, Norwegian
Routes: EWR/BOS/JFK/FLL/MCO/LAX/DEN to CDG/ORY
Cost: $283+ round-trip nonstop in economy
Dates: September 2018 through February 2019
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Newark (EWR) to Paris’ Charles de Gaulle (CDG) nonstop on Primera Air for $283 roundtrip:
Newark (EWR) to Paris’ Orly (ORY) nonstop on LEVEL for $305 roundtrip ($148 outbound + $157 return):
Boston (BOS) to Paris’ Charles de Gaulle (CDG) nonstop on Norwegian for $320 roundtrip — or $313 round-trip booked through the Norway site:
New York’s Kennedy (JFK) to Paris’ Charles de Gaulle (CDG) nonstop on Norwegian for $320 roundtrip — or $311 round-trip booked through the Norway site:
Boston (BOS) to Paris’ Charles de Gaulle (CDG) nonstop on Primera Air for $323 roundtrip:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Paris’ Charles de Gaulle (CDG) nonstop on Norwegian for $380 roundtrip — or $374 round-trip booked through the Norway site:
Orlando (MCO) to Paris’ Charles de Gaulle (CDG) nonstop on Norwegian for $380 roundtrip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: God Save the Points
Featured photo by Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees