Deal Alert: Nonstop Flights to Caribbean From $169 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
If you don’t have American miles to use on the airline’s award sales but still want a cheap getaway from the cold weather, you can book discounted flights to multiple Caribbean destinations like San Juan (SJU), Aruba (AUA), Fort-de-France (FDF), Point-à-Pitre (PTP), Nassau (NAS), Grand Cayman (GCM) and St. Thomas (STT) for as little as $169 round-trip.
Deals appear to be had from airports up and down the East Coast and Midwest, so plug in your departure city even if it’s not listed below. You may have to do some mixing and matching with the destinations to get the cheapest price. But hey, any warm beach beats snowy winter weather.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: American, JetBlue, Delta, Norwegian
Routes: JFK/MIA/BOS/ATL/MCO/IAD/DCA/BNA/PHL/FLL/ORD/CLT/DFW/IAH and likely more to SJU/AUA/STT/PTP/NAS/GCM
Cost: $169+ round-trip in economy
Travel Dates: January to April
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Miami (MIA) to Aruba (AUA) for $169 round-trip nonstop on American:
Miami (MIA) to St Thomas (STT) for $183 round-trip on American:
New York (JFK) to Fort-de-France (FDF) for $198 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
New York (JFK) to San Juan (SJU) for $205 round-trip on JetBlue:
Miami (MIA) to Grand Cayman (GCM) for $216 round-trip nonstop on American:
New York (JFK) to Point-à-Pitre (PTP) for $218 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
Atlanta (ATL) to San Juan (SJU) for $233 round-trip on JetBlue:
Washington DC (DCA) to Nassau (NAS) for $275 round-trip nonstop on JetBlue:
Washington DC (DCA) to St Thomas (STT) for $284 round-trip on JetBlue:
Nashville (BNA) to San Juan (SJU) for $290 round-trip on JetBlue:
Boston (BOS) to Aruba (AUA) for $302 round-trip on JetBlue:
New York (JFK) to Aruba (AUA) for $302 round-trip on JetBlue:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees