Mexico deal alert: Fly to Cancun, Cozumel and San Jose del Cabo for less than $300
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Grab your sunscreen and get ready for some fun in the sun thanks to round-trip flights to Mexico for less than $300, many of which are nonstop.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Flights are available to Cancun (CUN), Cozumel (CZM) and San Jose del Cabo (SJD) — the latter is not to be confused with Cabo San Lucas, the other city in the pair that forms Los Cabos.
Airlines: Aeromexico, American, Delta, JetBlue and United.
Routes: DFW/LAX/MIA/JFK and others to CUN/CZM/SJD.
How to book: Directly through the airline.
Travel dates: January-March, with limited availability for the rest of the year.
Book by: N/A.
Today’s deal was originally sent out from Scott’s Cheap Flights, which sends deals up to 90% off via its Premium membership, which users can try for free for 14 days and then $49 per year. You can also upgrade to the Elite tier for $199 per year and receive all the Premium deals plus premium economy, business-class and first-class alerts.
Flights are available from many U.S. cities to the aforementioned three cities in Mexico, with particularly good deals out of Austin, Texas, and St. Louis:
To Cancun (CUN):
- From Austin (AUS), Dallas (DFW) and Miami (MIA), starting at $166.
- From St. Louis (STL), starting at $181.
- From Newark (EWR), starting at $196, nonstop.
- From New York City (JFK), starting at $198, nonstop.
- From Los Angeles (LAX), starting at $272, nonstop.
To San Jose del Cabo (SJD):
- From Austin (AUS) and Los Angeles (LAX), starting at $185.
- From New York City (JFK), starting at $253, nonstop.
- From Newark (EWR), starting at $267.
To Cozumel (CZM):
- From St. Louis (STL), starting at $226.
- From Kansas City, Missouri (MCI), starting at $228.
- From Washington, D.C. (DCA), starting at $264.
To search this deal, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and departure cities, as demonstrated below.
You’ll see that the flights in this deal are for basic economy, which does not include seat selection or priority boarding, and may not include a carry-on depending on the airline. In this case, passengers in AA’s basic economy are allotted one full-size carry-on but passengers in comparable classes on JetBlue and United are not. In that case, you may want to consider upgrading to economy, which costs between $50 and $100 each way — and don’t forget that checked luggage will be between $30 and $60 on all airlines.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5 points per dollar spent on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Prestige® Card (5 points per dollar spent on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar spent on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3 points per dollar spent on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar spent on travel). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The featured deals reflect flights that are half of their normal price, so this is a good deal.
Note that Mexico recently implemented COVID-19 restrictions, so be sure to verify any rules beyond those that are countrywide.
Featured photo by Pola Damonte/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees