Deal alert: Jamaica winter fares for as low as $215 nonstop
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Jamaica is a destination we’re always interested in, but especially so when fares are too good to pass up. If you’ve been trying to lock in your winter getaway itinerary then you’ll want to check out the great fares to Montego Bay you can find at the moment.
Fares are drastically discounted for travel to Jamaica from a number of U.S. cities, including Atlanta, Chicago, and Philadelphia. American and Delta fares are for Basic Economy, but JetBlue and United have Main Cabin seats in this sale, which include a free carry-on and a seat assignment. The majority of prices are in the $300s, with a few as low as $215.
This fare sale is for travel between December 2021 and May 2022. This deal is even more tempting if you live in Minneapolis because the sale fares include Christmas and New Year’s Eve from that city. Doesn’t New Year’s Eve in Jamaica sound nice?
Want your TPG news delivered straight to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our daily newsletter
Our friends at Thrifty Traveler Premium tipped us off to these great fare deals, which they sent out first to their subscribers.
Even if you’re not a member, you can still score a discounted ticket. Just use Google Flights and search for your desired routes and dates. As always, flexibility in your travel plans will help you nab the best prices.
Airlines: American, Delta, JetBlue, United.
Routes: ATL/BOS//EWR/FLL/JFK/MCO/MIA/MSP/ORD/PHL to Montego Bay, Jamaica (MBJ).
Cost: Starting at $215 round-trip.
Dates: December-May 2022; availability varies.
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel), the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
We mentioned that Minneapolis travelers can enjoy discounted travel during the holidays, so let’s start there. We found a nonstop flight on Delta that gets you to the beach for New Year’s Eve and will cost you less than $400. That’s a significant savings from normal prices.
A nonstop flight from Miami to Jamaica in early January on American can be had for just $215. It’s a Basic Economy fare, but at that price, who cares?
A Chicago-to-Montego Bay itinerary in January is less than $400 on American.
We had the best success finding the most available routes at these low prices in January. For example, flights out of Philadelphia were just $344 nonstop for a Basic Economy seat.
If you’re looking to soak up the sun during the winter, few places are as ideal as Jamaica. At these prices, why not treat yourself?
Featured image by Manfred Muenzl/EyeEm for Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees