Deal Alert: Fly business class to Istanbul from 67.5k miles round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If the idea of exploring the vibrant culture, history, cuisine and architecture of Istanbul intrigues you, keep reading. Turkish Airlines is offering business class seats ranging from 67,500-90,000 miles round-trip to Turkey’s capital from a handful of major U.S. cities.
The deal is good for travel between January-May 2022 and July-October 2022.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
This deal was originally sent out by Thrifty Traveler to its Premium members, who are notified about savings on flights, award flights and business-class deals by email for $7.99 monthly or $49.99 annually.
Nonstop round-trip flights to Istanbul (IST) from Dallas (DFW) are available for 67,500 miles in business class. Other routes, including Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK) are 90,000 miles for business-class seats. You will have to pay an additional $378.97 in taxes for either of these deals.
Airline: Turkish Airlines
Routes: Atlanta (ATL), Chicago (ORD), Dallas (DFW), New York (JFK), New Jersey (EWR), Los Angeles (LAX), Houston (HOU), Washington D.C. (IAD) to Istanbul, Turkey.
How to book: Directly through Turkish Airlines.
Travel Dates: January-May 2022 and July-October 2022.
The business-class experience on Turkish Airlines includes lie-flat seats with an in-chair massage feature depending on the aircraft.
At the end of January, we found business class direct flights from DFW-IST for 67,500 miles round-trip (+378.97 in taxes).
Nonstop business-class flights are also available at the end of January from JFK-IST for 90,000 miles round-trip (+378.97 in taxes).
Similarly, ORD-IST in early January is available for 45,000 miles each way, a total of 90,000 miles round-trip (+$378.97 for taxes).
Maximize Your Purchase:
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Fly in business-class style using points for these direct flights to Istanbul from cities across the U.S. Book directly on Turkish Airlines for this great round-trip deal.
Featured image DOZIER Marc/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees