Cheap tickets to Greece: Flights to Athens have dropped to $299 R/T
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking for a summer vacation in the Greek islands? How about a visit to the Acropolis?
We’re seeing deals from various U.S. cities, including New York, Boston, Los Angeles and San Francisco to Athens, Greece (ATH) starting at just $350 round-trip in economy. We’re finding the deals through Google Flights, so make sure to play around with dates and prices there first.
We first spotted the deals on Secret Flying.
Fares are cheapest out of New York, with the lowest round-trip flight we’ve found at just $299. For that price, it may be cheaper to fly to Greece than to Florida. Flights are operated with one stop by a number of carriers, but the best deals will be on Star Alliance carrier, Lufthansa.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA.
Airline: Austrian/Air France/British Airways/Lufthansa/Swiss/Turkish
Routes: BOS/DEN/LAX/NYC/PHL/SFO – ATH
Cost: $299+ round-trip in economy
Dates: January – November 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline and comes with a $550 annual fee. See rates & fees), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline and comes with a $250 annual fee. See rates & fees.) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige Card and Citi Premier Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Athens (ATH) for $299 round-trip via Google Flights:
Boston (JFK) to Athens (ATH) for $585 round-trip via Google Flights:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Athens (ATH) for $685 round-trip via Google Flights:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Tom Pfeiffer VolcanoDiscovery/Getty Images
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees