Deal alert: Flights to Spain starting under $300 round-trip from US cities
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Barcelona and Madrid are destinations known for their architecture, cuisine and culture. TAP Air Portugal is offering round-trip flights to these notable spots in Spain starting around $300 round-trip from several major U.S. cities. TAP is also offering limited business class deals from New York to Warsaw starting at $1,625.
SecretFlying reported the economy class fares to Spain, which can be booked directly through TAP Air Portugal for travel from January to October.
Airlines: TAP Air Portugal
Routes: BOS/EWR/JFK/ORD/SFO to BCN and MAD.
How to book: Directly through the airline site or through Google Flights.
Travel dates: January – October
The deals below are basic economy fares on TAP Air Portugal, which include a meal and a carry-on. You will pay extra for checked luggage and seat selections. Flights below include a stop in Lisbon each way, so the shortest flight time we found was just over 10 hours. There’s not enough time to explore Lisbon with a short layover, but some flights give you half a day or more to get out between flights and see the city.
We found one of the cheapest deals from New York (JFK) to Barcelona (BCN) for $291 round-trip in March.
Travelers from the Windy City can snag a flight from Chicago (ORD) to Barcelona (BCN) for $323 round-trip throughout March.
Bostonians can book a trip to Spain’s capital at an affordable price. TAP has flights from Boston (BOS) to Madrid (MAD) for $335 round-trip.
You can also fly from Miami (MIA) to Madrid (MAD) for $386 round-trip from the end of February to the beginning of March.
Travelers on the West Coast can fly from San Francisco (SFO) to Madrid (MAD) for the price of $386 round-trip in February and March.
TAP Business Class deal to Poland
We also came across a business class deal to Poland on TAP Air Portugal, including a meal, carry-on, two checked bags, premium boarding, priority check-in and seat selection. The deal is available from February to May and September to October.
This fare was reported by Scott’s Cheap Flights.
There are options on TAP from New York (JFK) to Warsaw (WAW) at $1,625 round-trip with a layover in Lisbon (LIS) each way. Note that layovers can be a full day. The two examples we provided below stop for over 18 hours in Lisbon, which gives you time to explore the city and a business class seat makes that even more doable as you are more likely to sleep on the plane. According to Google Flights, prices for a business class ticket to Warsaw can normally range from $1,800 to $2,950.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Flights to Spain for under $300 are a steal, so don’t miss out on the chance to consume paella and experience Gaudi architecture. If you want to experience a different part of Europe and fly to Poland in style, the business class deal to Warsaw is one to jump on!
Featured image by Victor Garcia/Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees