Deal alert: Flights to Spain starting under $300 round-trip from US cities
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Barcelona and Madrid are destinations known for their architecture, cuisine and culture. TAP Air Portugal is offering round-trip flights to these notable spots in Spain starting around $300 round-trip from several major U.S. cities. TAP is also offering limited business class deals from New York to Warsaw starting at $1,625.
SecretFlying reported the economy class fares to Spain, which can be booked directly through TAP Air Portugal for travel from January to October.
Airlines: TAP Air Portugal
Routes: BOS/EWR/JFK/ORD/SFO to BCN and MAD.
How to book: Directly through the airline site or through Google Flights.
Travel dates: January – October
The deals below are basic economy fares on TAP Air Portugal, which include a meal and a carry-on. You will pay extra for checked luggage and seat selections. Flights below include a stop in Lisbon each way, so the shortest flight time we found was just over 10 hours. There’s not enough time to explore Lisbon with a short layover, but some flights give you half a day or more to get out between flights and see the city.
We found one of the cheapest deals from New York (JFK) to Barcelona (BCN) for $291 round-trip in March.
Travelers from the Windy City can snag a flight from Chicago (ORD) to Barcelona (BCN) for $323 round-trip throughout March.
Bostonians can book a trip to Spain’s capital at an affordable price. TAP has flights from Boston (BOS) to Madrid (MAD) for $335 round-trip.
You can also fly from Miami (MIA) to Madrid (MAD) for $386 round-trip from the end of February to the beginning of March.
Travelers on the West Coast can fly from San Francisco (SFO) to Madrid (MAD) for the price of $386 round-trip in February and March.
TAP Business Class deal to Poland
We also came across a business class deal to Poland on TAP Air Portugal, including a meal, carry-on, two checked bags, premium boarding, priority check-in and seat selection. The deal is available from February to May and September to October.
This fare was reported by Scott’s Cheap Flights.
There are options on TAP from New York (JFK) to Warsaw (WAW) at $1,625 round-trip with a layover in Lisbon (LIS) each way. Note that layovers can be a full day. The two examples we provided below stop for over 18 hours in Lisbon, which gives you time to explore the city and a business class seat makes that even more doable as you are more likely to sleep on the plane. According to Google Flights, prices for a business class ticket to Warsaw can normally range from $1,800 to $2,950.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Flights to Spain for under $300 are a steal, so don’t miss out on the chance to consume paella and experience Gaudi architecture. If you want to experience a different part of Europe and fly to Poland in style, the business class deal to Warsaw is one to jump on!
Featured image by Victor Garcia/Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees