Deal alert: Flights to Atlanta from $138
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you want to take a trip down south, American Airlines is offering discounted fares to the capital of Georgia in the fall. The deals below are all under $200 round trip.
Whether you’re in the mood for soul food or seafood or you want to go to the World of Coca-Cola, Atlanta has much to explore, especially if you’re a foodie.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
TheFlightDeal alerted us to these discounts, which are available throughout the month of September.
Routes: LGA/PHL/MIA/ORD to ATL
How to book: Directly through the airline or through Google Flights
Travel dates: September
The deals below are for main cabin tickets on American Airlines, which include seat selection and a carry-on. Checked baggage will cost $30 each way.
You can go from the “Windy City” to the “Peach State” on one of the most affordable direct flights for this airfare deal. Fly from Chicago (ORD) to Atlanta (ORD) for $138 round trip.
Flights from Miami (MIA) to Atlanta (ATL) are available for $168 round-trip. This is the shortest flight that we found at this discounted rate.
There are a limited number of flights from Philadelphia (PHL) to Atlanta (ATL) at the price of $178 round trip during September. The deal we found was for the middle of September.
Flights from New York (LGA) to Atlanta (ATL) are available throughout September for $198 round trip.
MAXIMIZE YOUR PURCHASE
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Explore the history of Atlanta by walking around the Martin Luther King Historic District or going to the National Center for Civil and Human Rights. For film and TV buffs, there are tours for the film “Gone With the Wind” as well as the shows “The Walking Dead” and “Stranger Things.” Don’t miss out on seeing all Atlanta has to offer.
Featured photo by Sean Pavone/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees