This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Frontier has been running a slew of sales recently and the deals keep on coming. For today only, Monday, travelers can get 90% off their Frontier bookings with promotion code “SAVE90”.
Here’s the catch: you have to take the trip before Oct. 2, 2019, which is less than a month away. The discount is also only valid on travel Monday through Saturday, so no Friday to Sunday weekend getaways; instead you’ll have to go for a Friday to Monday if you want to score the 90% off.
One of the most appealing deals is Orlando (MCO) to San Juan (SJU) for $104 round-trip as soon as this weekend.
Note that you’ll have to pay extra for carry-on and checked bags as well as seat assignments if you don’t want to let them pick for you.
To search, head to Frontier.com and see if your dates and cities are available. Don’t forget to use the promo code “SAVE90” to get the discount.
Routes: Various U.S. cities and SJU
Cost: $77 round-trip
Travel Dates: September to October, 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Cincinnati (CVG) to San Francisco (SFO) for $77round-trip on Frontier:
Washington, D.C. (IAD) to San Antonio (SAT) for $79 round-trip on Frontier:
Chicago (ORD) to Phoenix (PHX) for $80 round-trip on Frontier:
Atlanta (ATL) to San Francisco (SFO) for $94 round-trip on Frontier:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier℠ Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Interpixels/Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees