Deal alert: Flights to South Florida from Boston, Minneapolis and NYC from $98 nonstop
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Bienvenidos a Miami!
This new fare sale has some solid savings for flights for sun-starved travelers to Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach. A handful of airlines, including Alaska, American, Delta and JetBlue, have marked down flights in the summer and fall from departure cities like Charleston, Detroit, Minneapolis, New York City and others. You can find round-trip fares for as low as $128 with this sale.
With Avelo, JetBlue and United, the cheapest fares likely won’t allow for a full carry-on. With that in mind, expect to pay between $30-$35 to check a bag each way on every airline in this deal.
This sale includes travel in May and June, as well as travel between August and March 2023. You know what we always say; being flexible gives you the best chance to find the best travel deals.
Want more TPG news delivered every morning to your inbox? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
Thanks to Scott’s Cheap Flights for alerting us to this latest travel deal. Its basic membership is available for $49 per year. The Elite tier option is available for $199 per year, and that provides you with access to deals on premium economy, business-class and first-class tickets.
Airlines: Alaska, American, Avelo, Delta, JetBlue and United.
Routes: Boston, Charleston, Newark, NYC, and other cities to Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm Beach.
How to book: Search Google Flights and book directly through the airline.
Travel dates: Availability May — June and August through March 2023.
We found non-stop fares from Newark (EWR) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) in late May for just $98 round-trip. No full-sized carry-on bags allowed with this fare, but upgrading to the economy tier costs just $60 and gives you a free carry-on, which is cheaper than paying $70 to check a bag.
You can book a JetBlue flight out of New York City (JFK) to Miami International Airport (MIA) in May for just $98 nonstop. Again, no full-sized carry-ons allowed with the Blue Basic ticket. An upgrade will cost you $60 and get you a free carry-on. This is more than 50% off normal fares, so it’s still a good deal.
Boston (BOS) to Miami is one route we found with good sale prices during the summer and as far out as January 2023. Nonstop flights on Delta are available for as low as $138 round-trip and they come with a free full-sized carry-on bag.
Here’s an example of a January itinerary, which costs just $10 more.
Boston was the departure city that had the most availability in this sale. JetBlue had June itineraries from Boston to West Palm Beach (PBI) at the greatly-reduced price of $157 round-trip. The return flight includes a layover, but this a really good price for a popular summer route.
Non-stop flights from Minneapolis (MSP) to Miami in June can be booked on Delta for only $238.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo by Visuals Fervor LLC/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees