Deal alert: East Coast flights to Morocco starting from $517
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Morocco in northwest Africa has both the Sahara Desert and mountains for visitors to explore. Tap Air Portugal is offering deals to Casablanca, Morocco’s main port city and financial center, starting under $550 round trip.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
SecretFlying alerted us to this deal, which is available from September to November.
Airline: Tap Air Portugal
Routes: BOS/EWR/IAD/MIA to CMN
How to book: Search Google Flights and book directly through the airline
Travel dates: September – November
The deals below are for economy tickets on TAP Air Portugal, which include a standard seat and carry-on. A checked bag will cost about $80 extra, depending on currency conversion rates. Each flight below includes a stop in Lisbon, Portugal.
One of the cheapest deals we found was from Washington, D.C. (IAD) to Casablanca (CMN) for $517 round-trip. The offer below is for the middle of October.
Flights from Newark (EWR) to Casablanca (CMN) can be found for $547 round trip. This flight has the stops in Lisbon (LIS) under two hours each way.
Travelers can go to Casablanca (CMN) from Boston (BOS) for $565 round-trip. The departure flight has a layover in Lisbon (LIS) of over nine hours.
Flights from Miami (MIA) to Casablanca (CMN) cost $572 round trip with an overnight layover of 16 hours in Lisbon (LIS).
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Morocco reopened to international flights last month. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, it is recommended that visitors are vaccinated and travelers ages 2 and older wear a mask. If you’re fully vaccinated and have the flexibility to book this deal, don’t miss out on this offer to escape to Casablanca.
Featured photo by Danita Delimont/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees