Delta Flash Sale: Domestic Awards From 10,000 SkyMiles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Ever since it launched its SkyMiles Deals page, Delta has consistently offered some pretty great sales on award tickets. This time, it’s offering discounted domestic flights with pricing starting at just 10,000 miles round-trip. Departures are available to and from cities like Atlanta (ATL), Boston (BOS), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), New York (LGA), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA) and more.
While Delta doesn’t have an award chart, most of these rates are much lower than normal — transcon flights are going for as little as 17,000 miles round-trip and one-ways are going for half that. If you’re short on miles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points into your SkyMiles account at 1:1 ratio.
You’ll need to book flights by tomorrow, Aug. 15, to take advantage of the sale, with departures available from Sept. 15 through Nov. 15. While Delta’s only advertising select cities, it appears to be available from almost everywhere Delta flies.
Routes: Flights to/from ATL/AUS/BOS/CVG/FLL/JFK/LAX/MIA/PWM/PBI/PDX/SAN/SEA/SFO/SLC/TPA and more
Cost: From 10,000 miles plus taxes/fees starting at $11 round-trip. One-way flights are pricing at half of the round-trip price.
Book by: August 15, 2018
Dates: September 15 – November 15, 2018
Restrictions: Terms note that a Saturday night stay is required, but this restriction isn’t being applied in practice.
Pay Taxes and Fees With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
New York (LGA) to Boston (BOS) for 10,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Seattle (SEA) to Portland (PDX) for 11,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to Miami (MIA) for 11,500 miles + $11 round-trip:
Detroit (DTW) to Atlanta (ATL) for 14,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
New York (LGA) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for 14,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Atlanta (ATL) to Austin (AUS) for 16,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to San Francisco (SFO) for 17,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to San Francisco (SFO) for 18,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Los Angeles (LAX) for 18,500 miles + $11 round-trip:
Although you won’t be able to earn a Delta credit card welcome bonus quick enough to take advantage of this particular discount round, consider applying for a Delta card for the next time the carrier has a sale. Right now, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express comes with a welcome bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
If you have a business, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express is offering 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
Featured image by Garth Pratt via Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.