Delta Flash Sale: Domestic Awards From 10,000 SkyMiles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Ever since it launched its SkyMiles Deals page, Delta has consistently offered some pretty great sales on award tickets. This time, it’s offering discounted domestic flights with pricing starting at just 10,000 miles round-trip. Departures are available to and from cities like Atlanta (ATL), Boston (BOS), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), New York (LGA), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA) and more.
While Delta doesn’t have an award chart, most of these rates are much lower than normal — transcon flights are going for as little as 17,000 miles round-trip and one-ways are going for half that. If you’re short on miles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points into your SkyMiles account at 1:1 ratio.
You’ll need to book flights by tomorrow, Aug. 15, to take advantage of the sale, with departures available from Sept. 15 through Nov. 15. While Delta’s only advertising select cities, it appears to be available from almost everywhere Delta flies.
Routes: Flights to/from ATL/AUS/BOS/CVG/FLL/JFK/LAX/MIA/PWM/PBI/PDX/SAN/SEA/SFO/SLC/TPA and more
Cost: From 10,000 miles plus taxes/fees starting at $11 round-trip. One-way flights are pricing at half of the round-trip price.
Book by: August 15, 2018
Dates: September 15 – November 15, 2018
Restrictions: Terms note that a Saturday night stay is required, but this restriction isn’t being applied in practice.
Pay Taxes and Fees With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
New York (LGA) to Boston (BOS) for 10,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Seattle (SEA) to Portland (PDX) for 11,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to Miami (MIA) for 11,500 miles + $11 round-trip:
Detroit (DTW) to Atlanta (ATL) for 14,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
New York (LGA) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for 14,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Atlanta (ATL) to Austin (AUS) for 16,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to San Francisco (SFO) for 17,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to San Francisco (SFO) for 18,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Los Angeles (LAX) for 18,500 miles + $11 round-trip:
Although you won’t be able to earn a Delta credit card welcome bonus quick enough to take advantage of this particular discount round, consider applying for a Delta card for the next time the carrier has a sale. Right now, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express comes with a welcome bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
If you have a business, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express is offering 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
Featured image by Garth Pratt via Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees