Delta flash sale: Flights to Australia and Asia starting at just 56,000 SkyMiles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
Delta has been on a roll lately with flash sales, both in cash and with Skymiles. Today, we’re seeing unreal deals from U.S. cities served by Delta to Tokyo and Seoul-area airports for as low as 56,000 SkyMiles plus taxes and fees. We’re also seeing even rarer deals to Sydney (SYD) starting at just 64,000 miles.
This is a great deal, especially to Sydney. TPG values Delta SkyMiles at 1.2 cents each, making the tickets from Los Angeles to Sydney worth just $768, minus taxes and fees. Nonstop flights from the West Coast to Australia can top over $1,200 on Delta.
You may need to play around with dates and cities, as we’re seeing deals lower than what’s published on Delta’s site. There are also deals on Comfort+ tickets for many routes. Lastly, if you see a deal you want, don’t wait as this promotion expires Sept. 19 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
To search, head to Delta’s website and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline.
Routes: Major U.S. cities to Japan, Australia and Australia; see full list here
Cost: 56,000+ Skymiles + taxes and fees round-trip in economy
Dates: February 2020 – April 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Tokyo (HND) for 56,000 miles + $61 round-trip:
Seattle (SEA) to Osaka (KIX) for 62,000 miles + $60 round-trip nonstop:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Sydney (SYD) for 64,000 miles + $107 round-trip nonstop:
Newark (EWR) to Tokyo (NRT) for 72,000 miles + $61 round-trip:
Portland (PDX) to Nagoya (NGO) for 74,000 miles + $64 round-trip:
Baltimore (BWI) to Seoul (ICN) for 75,000 miles + $91 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Seoul (ICN) for 75,000 miles + $185 round-trip:
San Jose (SJC) to Sydney (SYD) for 76,000 miles + $112 round-trip:
Atlanta (ATL) to Sydney (SYD) for 80,000 miles + $112 round-trip:
Maximize your purchase
While we typically recommend using a credit card that maximizes your earnings on airfare purchases, the taxes and fees on these awards are so cheap that it’s worth focusing on the cards that offer excellent trip delay and cancellation insurance — such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, (3x on airfare) and the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Marco Simoni/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees