Delta flash sale: Domestic first class tickets from $177 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It pays to check your email, often. That’s how I found about Delta’s amazing new flash sale, this time on round-trip domestic tickets. We’re seeing round-trip short-haul tickets starting at just $177 round-trip. The deals are for April 2020 travel and are available from many cities served by Delta nationwide, including Boston (BOS), Seattle (SEA) and Las Vegas (LAS). Even better: all deals are nonstop.
There are even some unadvertised Delta fares, including flights from New York to the Washington area and Detroit (DTW) to Indianapolis (IND), so make sure to check your preferred destination even if you don’t see it listed on the page. Note that the tickets are nonrefundable. Make sure you don’t wait to book these deals, as they expire on January 28!
To search, head to Delta’s flash sale page and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline.
Routes: Major routes served by Delta, see full list here
Cost: $177+ round-trip in first class
Dates: April 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Seattle (SEA) to Redmond (RDM) for $177 round-trip nonstop in first class:
Boston (BOS) to Buffalo (BUF) for $193 round-trip nonstop in first class:
New York (JFK) to Washington (IAD) for $256 round-trip nonstop in first class:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Boston (BOS) for $284 round-trip nonstop in first class:
Chicago (ORD) to Atlanta (ATL) for $321 round-trip nonstop in first class:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Los Angeles (LAX) for $333 round-trip nonstop in first class:
Phoenix (PHX) to Seattle (SEA) for $345 round-trip nonstop in first class:
Detroit (DTW) to Indianapolis (IND) for $351 round-trip nonstop in first class:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Nicholas Ellis / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.