Deal Alert: US to Milan on Emirates $469 R/T
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Round-trip flights on Emirates from multiple cities in the US to destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia are on sale as part of the airline’s Memorial Day promotion. Fares in Emirates’ economy class start at just $469 round-trip.
Sale fares are available from all US destinations served by Emirates. Fares vary greatly by departure city. Additionally, most of these fares are only available from September through December. To view all promotional fares, visit Emirates’ official website and navigate to the special fares landing page.
Emirates economy class might not be as luxurious or sought after as the airline’s business and first class cabins, but is among the world’s top economy products. All fares include seat assignments, carry-on bags, checked luggage, and inflight amenities. Check out our review of the product in an Airbus A380 across the Atlantic.
All promotional fares are available via Emirates’ website. To search for promotional fares, head to either Emirates’ website or Google Flights,which allows travelers to search numerous dates and cities much quicker than on Emirates’ website.
Routes: BOS/IAD/IAH/JFK/MCO/ORD to BOM/DXB/JNB/MXP
Cost: $469+ round-trip in economy
Dates: select dates from May 2019 – February 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) for $469 round-trip + nonstop on Emirates:
Chicago (ORD) to Dubai (DXB) for $799 round-trip + nonstop on Emirates:
New York (JFK) to Dubai (DXB) for $799 round-trip + nonstop on Emirates:
Orlando (MCO) to Dubai (DXB) for $799 round-trip + nonstop on Emirates:
Houston (IAH) to Mumbai (BOM) for $799 round-trip on Emirates:
Washington D.C. to Johannesburg (JNB) for $779 round-trip on Emirates:
Boston (BOS) to Johannesburg (JNB) for $779 round-trip on Emirates:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image of Emirates A380 economy class by Jean Arnas/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.