Deal Alert: US to Europe From $334 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Looking for a European getaway? Now’s the time to start planning your trip with round-trip flights to top European cities this fall and winter starting at $334. Flights to Frankfurt and London are included in this deal, from San Francisco and New York, respectively. All flights are on full-service carriers, including American Airlines and British Airways.
Even though it’s technically off-peak, there are dozens of unique activities and events to experience in London and Frankfurt toward the end of the year. In November, visitors to London can experience the Bonfire Fireworks, which commemorates when Guy Fawkes attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. Additionally, festive Christmas light displays also make London a great place to ring in the holiday season.
In Frankfurt, travelers visiting the city near the end of the year can visit the city’s Christmas markets. Frankfurt also offers year-round activities and sights, including world-class museums and a city center perfect for walking tours. In short, don’t let the dates keep you from taking advantage of these deals.
It is important to note that most of these flights will be booked into basic economy on Oneworld partners. While travelers will be able to bring both a carry-on bag and personal item on board as well as earn miles, checked bags and seat assignments are extra.
Lastly — to make sure you don’t miss out on what the cities have to offer — check out Get Your Guide’s list of best activities throughout Europe, including Frankfurt and London.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: American Airlines, British Airways
Routes: San Francisco (SFO) to Frankfurt (FRA)/New York (JFK) to London (LGW)
Cost: SFO-FRA $334+/JFK-LGW $366+
Travel Dates: October – December 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige Card (3x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
San Francisco (SFO) to Frankfurt (FRA) for $334 round-trip via Orbitz:
New York (JFK) to London-Gatwick (LGW) for $366 round-trip via Iberia:
San Francisco (SFO) to Frankfurt (FRA) for $359 round-trip via British Airways:
San Francisco (SFO) to Frankfurt (FRA) for $334 round-trip via American Airlines:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.