Deal alert: Premium economy flights to Bangkok from $1,044 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
Flights on ANA and United from both the East and West coasts to Bangkok in premium economy are currently available for as low as $1,044 round-trip from various U.S. cities. We first spotted the deal to Bangkok thanks to Loyalty Lobby.
Thailand is the perfect place to visit if you’re looking for great food and lots of low-cost activities. However, be sure to watch out for these common mistakes tourists make when visiting. Bangkok is also notorious for having unbelievably affordable luxury hotels — like the Waldorf Astoria Bangkok for $230 per night — so you can vacation like the rich and famous without hurting your wallet.
To search, head to Google Flights or the American Express travel portal and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA.
Airline: ANA, United
Routes: EWR/JFK/LAX/ORD/IAH/IAD/SFO/SEA to BKK
Cost: $1,044 in premium economy
Dates: January – April 2020, depending on route
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Newark (EWR) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1,044 round-trip in premium economy on ANA:
New York (JFK) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1,078 round-trip in premium economy on United:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1,081 round-trip in premium economy on United:
Chicago (ORD) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1,082 round-trip in premium economy on United:
Houston (IAH) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1,084 round-trip in premium economy on United:
Washington D.C. (IAD) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1,120 round-trip in premium economy on United:
San Francisco (SFO) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1,133 round-trip in premium economy on United:
Seattle (SEA) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1,146 round-trip in premium economy on United:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). To learn more, check out our post on the best cards for airfare purchases.
Featured photo courtesy of SeanPavonePhoto / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees