Deal alert: Premium economy flights to Bangkok from $1,044 round-trip
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Flights on ANA and United from both the East and West coasts to Bangkok in premium economy are currently available for as low as $1,044 round-trip from various U.S. cities. We first spotted the deal to Bangkok thanks to Loyalty Lobby.
Thailand is the perfect place to visit if you’re looking for great food and lots of low-cost activities. However, be sure to watch out for these common mistakes tourists make when visiting. Bangkok is also notorious for having unbelievably affordable luxury hotels — like the Waldorf Astoria Bangkok for $230 per night — so you can vacation like the rich and famous without hurting your wallet.
To search, head to Google Flights or the American Express travel portal and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA.
Airline: ANA, United
Routes: EWR/JFK/LAX/ORD/IAH/IAD/SFO/SEA to BKK
Cost: $1,044 in premium economy
Dates: January – April 2020, depending on route
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Newark (EWR) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1,044 round-trip in premium economy on ANA:
New York (JFK) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1,078 round-trip in premium economy on United:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1,081 round-trip in premium economy on United:
Chicago (ORD) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1,082 round-trip in premium economy on United:
Houston (IAH) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1,084 round-trip in premium economy on United:
Washington D.C. (IAD) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1,120 round-trip in premium economy on United:
San Francisco (SFO) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1,133 round-trip in premium economy on United:
Seattle (SEA) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1,146 round-trip in premium economy on United:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). To learn more, check out our post on the best cards for airfare purchases.
Featured photo courtesy of SeanPavonePhoto / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.