Deal alert: Frontier flights from $29 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Frontier is currently offering round-trip fares from $29 round-trip, giving you the perfect excuse to book a getaway before the year ends.
There are numerous routes and dates available, but the deal is restricted to travel Monday – Saturday, and Nov. 22 – Dec. 2 are not a part of the deal. To see if your city and travel dates work with this sale, head the Frontier deals page and be sure to book before 11:59 EST on Oct. 23.
Keep in mind that Frontier charges extra for everything from a carry-on bag to a seat assignment to a can of soda. Still, even if you choose to bring a full size carry-on bag aboard your flight and lock in a specific seat, you will likely end up paying less than on full-service carriers. Also note that you can skip through the seat selection and have it assigned to you for free.
Routes: Various U.S. cities
Cost: $29+ round-trip
Dates: Oct. 24 – Dec. 18, 2019
Book By: Oct. 23 at 11:59pm EST
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, (3x on airfare) American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book today on Frontier:
Denver (DEN) to Spokane (GEG) for $29 round-trip:
Austin (AUS) to Detroit (DTW) for $29 round-trip: Atlanta (ATL) to Orlando (MCO) for $29 round-trip: Cincinnati (CVG) to Jacksonville (JAX) for $29 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
When flying an ultra low-cost carrier, if you are worried about what happens in the face of flight cancellations or severe delays, consider looking into Freebird. For a $19 purchase made in advance, that service that can rebook you on another carrier’s flight or prioritize using a credit card that comes with above-average flight protections.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Featured image by Image by JT Genter
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.