Deal alert: Fly to Denver for as little as 6K Delta SkyMiles, even during ski season
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you waited to book your ski vacation to see if a good deal would pop up, then your patience is about to pay off.
Delta has a great SkyMiles sale on flights to Denver, Colorado going on, with some of the best bargains happening during peak ski season. We’re talking flights for as little as 6,000 SkyMiles. There are also nonstop flights available from departure cities like Boston that are available for travel in July if you want to visit the Rockies during the summer.
The SkyMiles fare deals also work in reverse if you live in Denver.
The fares are for Delta’s Basic Economy tier. They can be upgraded to Main Cabin to grab a seat assignment as well as free cancellation in case your plans change. That upgrade starts at an additional 3K SkyMiles, which isn’t bad at all.
Want your TPG news delivered straight to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our daily newsletter
Thanks to the team at Thrifty Traveler for spotting this deal, which they sent out to their premium subscribers for first dibs on the best fares.
Routes: ATL/BOS/CVG/DTW/JFK/LGA/LAX/MSP/SEA/SLC to Denver, Colorado (DEN)
Cost: Flights available starting at 6K SkyMiles
Dates: January-October 2022; limited availability.
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year); the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare; the Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel); Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel); the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Booking one of these deals is fairly easy. Just log in to Delta.com and enter one of the eligible departure cities (listed above) and the destination along with desired dates, and click the “Shop with Miles” box.
Then, choose the “Price Calendar” tab to maximize the dates viewable and see how many miles it costs to book travel on which days.
A Seattle (SEA) to Denver (DEN) trip in January will cost you just 6,000 SkyMiles round-trip, plus $11.20 in taxes and fees. An upgrade on this route would cost you just 3k more SkyMiles.
Flights from Atlanta to Denver can be had for just 9,000 SkyMiles for a nonstop, Basic Economy fare, plus $11.20 for taxes/fees. We found a lot of availability at this award level in January and February.
Detroit (DTW) was another departure city where we found lots of availability for fares that could be booked for just 9k round-trip, like this nonstop at the start of February.
Cincinnati (CVG) was another city where you could score a Denver itinerary for just 9k SkyMiles round-trip, plus the $11.20 in taxes and fees. This fare was for February when we saw the best availability for flights at this award level.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, like The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year); the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare; the Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel); Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel); the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
It pays to shop around and take the time to browse through each month. There are a lot of great deals to be found to visit Denver from January through March, when you’ll find the best powder at Colorado’s numerous ski resorts. But you can also find these low SkyMiles deals on flights during the summer, too.
Featured image by Miralex for Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees