Deal Alert: Flights to Mexico Have Dropped to $189+ Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Cheap flights to top destinations in Mexico are now available from just $189 round-trip. Flights are available from select US cities to resort cities including Cancun and San Jose/Los Cabos as well as urban destinations including Mexico City. Cheap flights are available beginning this month with availability extending into mid-December.
Flights operated by the airlines listed below, with the exception of United, allow passengers to bring a standard carry-on bag free of charge. If you book an itinerary operated by United, you will incur a fee if you choose to bring a carry-on bag onboard.
With frigid temperatures hitting much of the United States this winter, now’s the perfect time to plan an escape to Mexico’s top resort cities. There are plenty of points hotels in both cities including the Solaz Luxury Collection Hotel in Los Cabos and the JW Marriott Resort and Spa in Cancun.
Airline: Aeromexico, Alaska, American, United
Routes: CHS/DEN/DFW/IAH/LAX/ORD/STL to CUN/MEX/SJD
Cost: $189+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September — December 2019
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Houston (IAH) to Cancun (CUN) for $189 round-trip on Aeromexico via Delta:
Denver (DEN) to Cancun (CUN) for $197 round-trip on United (⚠️ Basic Economy):
Chicago (ORD) to Cancun (CUN) for $209 round-trip + nonstop on American:
Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) to Mexico City (MEX) for $233 round-trip + nonstop on Aeromexico:
St. Louis (STL) to San Jose/Los Cabos (SJD) for $250 round-trip on American:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by YinYang/iStock / Getty Images Plus
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees