Deal alert: Flights to Germany from $327 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
Flights to Germany have dropped as low as $327 round-trip from various U.S. cities. Most shocking, the lowest fare we’re seeing originates from Los Angeles (LAX), which is not something we see often.
Many of the cities have deals to multiple German cities, so if you’d prefer to visit a different city than listed be sure to check Google flights to see if the deal still works. Additionally, a lot of these deals are available around the holidays so you may get experience the iconic Christmas markets.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: SAS, Icelandair, Condor
Routes: EWR/BOS/IAD/MIA/ORD/LAX/SFO/LAS/SEA to FRA/HAM/MUC/TXL and many more
Cost: $327+ round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: November 2019 — March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here’s an example of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Hamburg (HAM) for $327 round-trip on SAS:
Newark (EWR) to Frankfurt (FRA) for $340 round-trip on SAS:
Chicago (ORD) to Hamburg (HAM) for $364 round-trip on Icelandair:
Miami (MIA) to Hamburg (HAM) for $367 round-trip on SAS:
Washington D.C. (IAD) to Hamburg (HAM) for $378 round-trip on SAS:
Newark (EWR) to Munich (MUC) for $381 round-trip on SAS:
San Francisco (SFO) to Hamburg (HAM) for $427 round-trip on SAS:
Seattle (SEA) to Frankfurt (FRA) for $430 round-trip on Condor:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Frankfurt (FRA) for $440 round-trip on Condor: Boston (BOS) to Berlin (TXL) for $445 round-trip on Icelandair:
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to the best cards for airfare purchases to learn more.
Featured photo courtesy of Prisma by Dukas/UIG via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees