Deal alert: Flights to Germany from $327 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Flights to Germany have dropped as low as $327 round-trip from various U.S. cities. Most shocking, the lowest fare we’re seeing originates from Los Angeles (LAX), which is not something we see often.
Many of the cities have deals to multiple German cities, so if you’d prefer to visit a different city than listed be sure to check Google flights to see if the deal still works. Additionally, a lot of these deals are available around the holidays so you may get experience the iconic Christmas markets.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: SAS, Icelandair, Condor
Routes: EWR/BOS/IAD/MIA/ORD/LAX/SFO/LAS/SEA to FRA/HAM/MUC/TXL and many more
Cost: $327+ round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: November 2019 — March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here’s an example of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Hamburg (HAM) for $327 round-trip on SAS:
Newark (EWR) to Frankfurt (FRA) for $340 round-trip on SAS:
Chicago (ORD) to Hamburg (HAM) for $364 round-trip on Icelandair:
Miami (MIA) to Hamburg (HAM) for $367 round-trip on SAS:
Washington D.C. (IAD) to Hamburg (HAM) for $378 round-trip on SAS:
Newark (EWR) to Munich (MUC) for $381 round-trip on SAS:
San Francisco (SFO) to Hamburg (HAM) for $427 round-trip on SAS:
Seattle (SEA) to Frankfurt (FRA) for $430 round-trip on Condor:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Frankfurt (FRA) for $440 round-trip on Condor: Boston (BOS) to Berlin (TXL) for $445 round-trip on Icelandair:
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to the best cards for airfare purchases to learn more.
Featured photo courtesy of Prisma by Dukas/UIG via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.