Deal alert: Flights to Colombia and Ecuador from $268 RT
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s never a bad time to visit Colombia or Ecuador, so when there are low fares to get you there, you should jump on. That time is now, as we’re currently seeing flights from major cities across the U.S. — including Dallas (DFW), Washington D.C. (DCA) and Phoenix (PHX) — to Bogotá (BOG), Cartagena (CTG) and Guayaquil (GYE) from $268 round-trip. The low fares are being offered by Delta, American, COPA and JetBlue and are available as soon as February through June 2020.
If you’re looking for something to do while you’re in Colombia, check out Brian Kelly’s vlog episodes from his recent trip to the country. And to learn how to best optimize your points to book a hotel, check out our guide on using points and miles in Colombia. If you’re thinking of booking the Guayaquil (GYE) deals and are considering a trip to the Galapagos, read this first.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline, Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: Delta, American, COPA, JetBlue
Routes: DFW/AUS/ATL/PHX/DCA/LAX/BOS/JFK to BOG/GYE/CTG
Cost: $268+ round-trip
Travel Dates: February – June 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Dallas (DFW) to Bogota (BOG) for $268 round-trip on Delta:
Austin (AUS) to Bogota (BOG) for $269 round-trip on American:
Atlanta (ATL) to Guayaquil (GYE) for $343 round-trip on JetBlue:
Phoenix (PHX) to Medellín (MDE) for $366 round-trip on JetBlue:
Washington D.C. (DCA) to Guayaquil (GYE) for $368 round-trip on JetBlue:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Bogota (BOG) for $372 round-trip on Copa:
Boston (BOS) to Bogota (BOG) for $374 round-trip on Copa: New York (JFK) to Cartagena (CTG) for $395 round-trip on JetBlue:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases to pay the taxes and fees, such as the Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Starcevic / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees