Deal alert: Flights to Colombia and Ecuador from $268 RT
There’s never a bad time to visit Colombia or Ecuador, so when there are low fares to get you there, you should jump on. That time is now, as we’re currently seeing flights from major cities across the U.S. — including Dallas (DFW), Washington D.C. (DCA) and Phoenix (PHX) — to Bogotá (BOG), Cartagena (CTG) and Guayaquil (GYE) from $268 round-trip. The low fares are being offered by Delta, American, COPA and JetBlue and are available as soon as February through June 2020.
If you’re looking for something to do while you’re in Colombia, check out Brian Kelly’s vlog episodes from his recent trip to the country. And to learn how to best optimize your points to book a hotel, check out our guide on using points and miles in Colombia. If you’re thinking of booking the Guayaquil (GYE) deals and are considering a trip to the Galapagos, read this first.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline, Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: Delta, American, COPA, JetBlue
Routes: DFW/AUS/ATL/PHX/DCA/LAX/BOS/JFK to BOG/GYE/CTG
Cost: $268+ round-trip
Travel Dates: February – June 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Dallas (DFW) to Bogota (BOG) for $268 round-trip on Delta:
Austin (AUS) to Bogota (BOG) for $269 round-trip on American:
Atlanta (ATL) to Guayaquil (GYE) for $343 round-trip on JetBlue:
Phoenix (PHX) to Medellín (MDE) for $366 round-trip on JetBlue:
Washington D.C. (DCA) to Guayaquil (GYE) for $368 round-trip on JetBlue:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Bogota (BOG) for $372 round-trip on Copa:
Boston (BOS) to Bogota (BOG) for $374 round-trip on Copa: New York (JFK) to Cartagena (CTG) for $395 round-trip on JetBlue:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases to pay the taxes and fees, such as the Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Starcevic / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.