Deal Alert: Flights to Asia Just Dropped to $306 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Fancy a trip to Asia? Now may be your opportunity to book. We’re currently seeing flights from Los Angeles (LAX), Las Vegas (LAS), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA) and New York (JFK) to popular Asian destinations like Shanghai (PVG), Beijing (PEK), Singapore (SIN), Seoul (ICN) and Tokyo (NRT) from $306 round-trip.
The low fares are being offered by airlines like American Airlines, Air China, Hainan and United. Even better, they book into regular economy, as opposed to basic economy, so passengers will be able to bring on a personal item and carry-on bag as well as have the option to select their seats with most airlines.
Aside from being amazing destinations, all of the cities on sale are great for booking hotel stays using points. For instance, in Beijing there’s a St. Regis and W Hotel, in Shanghai there’s an EDITION and St. Regis, in Tokyo there’s a Conrad and Hyatt Centric, in Seoul there’s a Ritz-Carlton and in Singapore there’s an Andaz and Westin.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: American, Air China, China Eastern, Delta, Hainan, United, Xiamen
Routes: LAS/LAX/SEA/JFK/SFO to PEK/PVG/SIN/ICN/NRT
Cost: $306+ round-trip in economy
Travel Dates: August – November 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or via amextravel.com) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Beijing (PEK) for $306 round-trip nonstop on American:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Shanghai (PVG) for $400 round-trip on United:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Beijing (PEK) for $419 round-trip on Hainan:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Singapore (SIN) for $419 round-trip on China Eastern:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Seoul (ICN) for $479 round-trip on Air China:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT) for $481 round-trip on Xiamen:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Steven Han / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees