Deal Alert: Flights to Asia Just Dropped to $306 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Fancy a trip to Asia? Now may be your opportunity to book. We’re currently seeing flights from Los Angeles (LAX), Las Vegas (LAS), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA) and New York (JFK) to popular Asian destinations like Shanghai (PVG), Beijing (PEK), Singapore (SIN), Seoul (ICN) and Tokyo (NRT) from $306 round-trip.
The low fares are being offered by airlines like American Airlines, Air China, Hainan and United. Even better, they book into regular economy, as opposed to basic economy, so passengers will be able to bring on a personal item and carry-on bag as well as have the option to select their seats with most airlines.
Aside from being amazing destinations, all of the cities on sale are great for booking hotel stays using points. For instance, in Beijing there’s a St. Regis and W Hotel, in Shanghai there’s an EDITION and St. Regis, in Tokyo there’s a Conrad and Hyatt Centric, in Seoul there’s a Ritz-Carlton and in Singapore there’s an Andaz and Westin.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: American, Air China, China Eastern, Delta, Hainan, United, Xiamen
Routes: LAS/LAX/SEA/JFK/SFO to PEK/PVG/SIN/ICN/NRT
Cost: $306+ round-trip in economy
Travel Dates: August – November 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or via amextravel.com) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Beijing (PEK) for $306 round-trip nonstop on American:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Shanghai (PVG) for $400 round-trip on United:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Beijing (PEK) for $419 round-trip on Hainan:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Singapore (SIN) for $419 round-trip on China Eastern:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Seoul (ICN) for $479 round-trip on Air China:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT) for $481 round-trip on Xiamen:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Steven Han / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.