Deal alert: NYC to Cayman Islands for $250 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starting this gloomy Tuesday off right with a deal alert for New York City-based travelers to the Cayman Islands, starting at $253 round-trip from all three NYC airports, in addition to Philadelphia.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airlines: Cayman Airways, American and Delta
Routes: EWR/JFK/LGA/PHL to GCM
How to book: Directly through the airline
Travel dates: Through Jan. 2023, exact availability depends on the route
Book by: Today
This deal was originally sent out by Scott’s Cheap Flights, which sends deals up to 90% off via its Premium membership, which users can try free for 14 days and then $49 per year. You can also upgrade to the Elite tier for $199 per year and receive all the Premium deals, plus premium economy, business-class and first-class alerts.
As mentioned, this deal is great for NYC-area travelers, with flights out of all three airports (JFK/EWR/LGA), in addition to Philadelphia (PHL). Flights are for economy seats and start at $250 round-trip, half off their normal price.
Take the below flight from JFK-GCM for $253 in early October.
Cayman Air’s economy class includes two checked bags and one carry-on, which is rare for a carrier’s lowest class.
In conducting a test search for this story, you’ll likely find other flights via this deal on other carriers, including Delta and American. However, note they might not be nonstop, such as the below flight over July 4 on Delta.
This flight is for Delta’s basic economy, which includes one carry-on bag but will be $60 to check a bag.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel), on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year, Citi Prestige® Card (5 points per dollar on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar on travel). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Scott’s Cheap Flights thinks this deal will last for less than 24 hours, so be sure to book ASAP.
Featured photo by Barry Winiker/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees