Deal Alert: Business Class to Italy From $1,346 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flights are available from New York (JFK), Boston (BOS), Detroit (DTW), Chicago (ORD), Dallas (DFW) and Miami (MIA) to Rome (FCO), Venice (VCE), Milan (MXP) and Genoa (GOA). Not all route combinations will be discounted, so you may have to play around with your destination to find the best deal. You also may be able to knock the price down even more when booking through American Express’ International Airline Program (IAP).
Because these deals are only bookable through Delta, even though some flights are operated by SkyTeam partner KLM, you’ll still earn the regular amount of MQDs (Medallion Qualifying Dollars) for the flight. If they were bookable through the partners, they would make for a great way to boost your MQD balance for cheap. However, you will earn a bonus on MQMs (Medallion Qualifying Miles) so that makes these tickets more attractive for a mileage run.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with Delta.
Airline: Delta, KLM
Routes: BOS/JFK/ORD/DFW/MIA/DTW to FCO/VCE/MXP/GOA
Cost: $1,346+ round-trip in business
Travel Dates: January – June 2020, most dates available in April 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Rome (FCO) for $1,346 round-trip on Delta/KLM:
Chicago (ORD) to Venice (VCE) for $1,394 round-trip on KLM:
Dallas (DFW) to Rome (FCO) for $1,415 round-trip on Delta/KLM:
New York (JFK) to Rome (FCO) for $1,472 round-trip on Delta/KLM:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by The Points Guy staff.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees