Expired: Flights to Australia in 2021 from $353 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
Update: Air Canada has advised passengers who booked this fare that it was issued mistakenly, because of a “data entry error.” The airline will not honor the mistake fares and will fully refund them.
Now may be your chance to get a bargain flight to Australia. This deal is on Air Canada from $353 round-trip with availability from November 2020 through February 2021, but book ASAP because these fares likely won’t last long.
As first reported by Scott’s Cheap Flights, Air Canada is offering super-discounted fares to Australian cities such as Sydney (SYD), Melbourne (MEL) and Brisbane (BNE). We don’t have a full list of routes involved in the offer, but there are plenty of them included in this deal, so head to Google Flights and play around with the dates and cities.
Any tickets purchased on Air Canada through April 15, 2020 for travel through April 30, 2021 can be canceled or changed without any fees. Since this is a non-refundable fare, passengers cannot get a cash refund, but will receive a credit for future travel. If passengers rebook flights, they will have to pay the difference in fare between the original ticket and the new price. See the full Air Canada policy here.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: Air Canada
Routes: Various U.S. routes
Cost: $353 round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: November 2020 – February 2021
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel; starting Jan. 1, 2021 earn 5x points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here’s an example of what you can book:
Newark (EWR) to Melbourne (MEL) for $353 round-trip on Air Canada:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Melbourne (MEL) for $353 round-trip on Air Canada:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Melbourne (MEL) for $356 round-trip on Air Canada:
Columbus (CMH) to Melbourne (MEL) for $359 round-trip on Air Canada:
Cleveland (CLE) to Melbourne (MEL) for $359 round-trip on Air Canada:
Newark (EWR) to Sydney (SYD) for $363 round-trip on Air Canada:
Seattle (SEA) to Sydney (SYD) for $363 round-trip on Air Canada:
San Francisco (SFO) to Brisbane (BNE) for $366 round-trip on Air Canada:
St. Louis (STL) to Sydney (SYD) for $369 round-trip on Air Canada:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Nick Ellis/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees