Expired: Flights to Australia in 2021 from $353 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Update: Air Canada has advised passengers who booked this fare that it was issued mistakenly, because of a “data entry error.” The airline will not honor the mistake fares and will fully refund them.
Now may be your chance to get a bargain flight to Australia. This deal is on Air Canada from $353 round-trip with availability from November 2020 through February 2021, but book ASAP because these fares likely won’t last long.
As first reported by Scott’s Cheap Flights, Air Canada is offering super-discounted fares to Australian cities such as Sydney (SYD), Melbourne (MEL) and Brisbane (BNE). We don’t have a full list of routes involved in the offer, but there are plenty of them included in this deal, so head to Google Flights and play around with the dates and cities.
Any tickets purchased on Air Canada through April 15, 2020 for travel through April 30, 2021 can be canceled or changed without any fees. Since this is a non-refundable fare, passengers cannot get a cash refund, but will receive a credit for future travel. If passengers rebook flights, they will have to pay the difference in fare between the original ticket and the new price. See the full Air Canada policy here.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: Air Canada
Routes: Various U.S. routes
Cost: $353 round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: November 2020 – February 2021
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel; starting Jan. 1, 2021 earn 5x points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here’s an example of what you can book:
Newark (EWR) to Melbourne (MEL) for $353 round-trip on Air Canada:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Melbourne (MEL) for $353 round-trip on Air Canada:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Melbourne (MEL) for $356 round-trip on Air Canada:
Columbus (CMH) to Melbourne (MEL) for $359 round-trip on Air Canada:
Cleveland (CLE) to Melbourne (MEL) for $359 round-trip on Air Canada:
Newark (EWR) to Sydney (SYD) for $363 round-trip on Air Canada:
Seattle (SEA) to Sydney (SYD) for $363 round-trip on Air Canada:
San Francisco (SFO) to Brisbane (BNE) for $366 round-trip on Air Canada:
St. Louis (STL) to Sydney (SYD) for $369 round-trip on Air Canada:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Nick Ellis/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.