Deal alert: Flights to Asia from $359 or Southeast Asia from $392 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year). Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
If you’ve been thinking about a fall trip to Asia, today might be the perfect time to book. Flights from the US to cities across the region, including Southeast Asia, are available right now as low as $359 round-trip from cities on both the US east and west coasts.
Starting this month with availability extending through the end of the year, flights from Los Angeles (LAX) to Taipei (TPE) are showing up at $359 round-trip on Xiamen. Other routes to Asia are serviced by China Southern, and numerous other cities are included in this deal, including popular destinations in Southeast Asia like Bangkok (BKK), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), and Denpasar (DPS).
This deal is in addition to a similar sale posted by The Points Guy earlier this week. Keep in mind that some of the deals listed in that post may no longer be available, but check it out for additional potential cities and flights.
To search for these trips, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar feature to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Airlines: China Southern, Xiamen
Routes: JFK/LAX/SFO to BKK/CGK/DPS/HKT/KUL/SGN/TPE
Cost: $359+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September – December
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Taipei (TPE) for $359 round-trip on Xiamen via Cheap-o-air:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Phuket (HKT) for $392 on China Southern via Cheap-o-Air:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Denpasar (DPS) for $405 round-trip on Xiamen via Orbitz:
San Francisco (SFO) to Ho Chi Minh (SGN) for $458 round-trip on China Southern via Priceline:
San Francisco (SFO) to Bangkok (BKK) for $462 round-trip on China Southern via Expedia:
New York City (JFK) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for $478 round-trip on China Southern via Orbitz:
New York City (JFK) to Bangkok (BKK) for $482 round-trip on China Southern via Cheap-o-air:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For more TPG news and flight deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Featured image by Han Lin / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.