Rare availability: Conrad Bora Bora Nui award space wide open through March 2022
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been wanting to head to Bora Bora using your points, now might be the day to book.
According to Loyalty Lobby, there is currently wide open award space at the Conrad Bora Bora Nui from just 89,000 Hilton Honors points per night. This is a notoriously difficult property to book with points, with availability at the lower point rates typically quite scarce. However, through May 2022, you can book this resort on many dates for just 89,000 Hilton points per night.
Add in the fifth-night-free benefit and the average price for a five-night stay drops to 71,200 points per night. You’ll want to act quickly because there’s no telling how long this availability will be around.
For more travel tips and news, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Hotel: Conrad Bora Bora Nui
Cost: 89,000 points per night (plus the fifth night free)
Dates: Through May 2022
Pay with: The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card for 14 points per dollar spent on spending at participating Hilton properties, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel).
The information for the Hilton Aspire card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
You can book the Conrad Bora Bora on points between now and May 2022. You should see lots of availability this fall and even in December.
Meanwhile, cash rates go as high as $1,101 on Dec. 21-23, 2021.
TPG values Hilton points at 0.6 cents each at so this is an exceptional use of points, getting you well over 1.2 cents in value. As mentioned, if you can take advantage of Hilton’s fifth-night free benefit, you can bring the nightly rate down to just 71,200 points, which is incredible for a high-end Bora Bora resort.
While award space is fairly plentiful, there are days when you’ll see rates above 89,000 points per night. Be sure to check the “flexible dates” box in the search tool to see award availability across multiple dates. I would go an extra step and search in one-night increments for the best overview of availability.
Boost your Hilton point balance
There are a variety of ways to boost your Hilton balance for award redemptions like this. Credit card sign-up bonuses are the best way to stock up on lots of points, though that often takes several billing cycles while you complete the spending requirement.
You can also transfer American Express Membership Rewards to Hilton Honors instantly at a 1:2 ratio. This isn’t usually the best option, since Amex Membership Rewards are valued at 2 cents each, which is less than the value you’ll get out of your Hilton points for this award.
Still, it’s worth knowing if you’re a couple of thousand points short of an award night at the Conrad Bora Bora Nui. You can also currently purchase Hilton points at about 1 cent each, which could help you close the gap to the booking you want.
And once you have your resort stay lined up, here are some ways you can fly to Tahiti using your airline miles.
Featured image of the Conrad Bora Bora by Summer Hull/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees