Deal alert: Fly to New Orleans, Tampa + more for $29 one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Celebrate the first week of 2022 with a New Year’s sale from the ultra-low-cost airline, Breeze Airways. Its two-day flash sale offers $29 one-way fares originating from all 18 Breeze markets and covers more than 42 domestic routes.
Book soon because this sale only goes through tomorrow, Jan. 5.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airline: Breeze Airways.
Routes: All 18 routes the airline services, including to/from PVD/CHS/ORF/PIT/HSV/TPA/SAT/XNA/MSY/RIC/PIT/BDL and others.
How to book: Directly through the airline.
Travel dates: Valid for travel Jan. 8 — Feb. 28, 2022. “Nicer” fares may be booked for travel through May 2.
Book by: 11:59 p.m. ET on Jan. 5, 2022
In addition to the $29 one-way fares, Breeze is offering its “Nicer” fares for an additional $22. This $94 value includes one checked bag and carry-on, extra legroom seat, a drink/snack, priority boarding and the ability to earn 4% more BreezePoints compared to the 2% earned with “Nice” fares. Note that seats are limited and blackout dates may apply to certain routes.
Sale fares are available to all 42 Breeze Airways routes, including:
- Charleston (CHS) to Akron (CAK), Columbus (CMH), Hartford (BDI), Louisville (SDF), New Orleans (MSY), New York (ISP), Norfolk (ORF), Palm Beach (PBI), Pittsburgh (PIT), Providence (PVD), Richmond (RIC) and Tampa (TPA).
- Tampa (TPA) to Akron (CAK), Fayetteville (XNA), Charleston (CHS), Columbus (CMH), Huntsville (HSV), Louisville (SDF), Norfolk (ORF), Oklahoma City (OKC), Richmond (RIC) and Tulsa (TUL).
- Hartford (BDI) to Charleston (CHS), Columbus (CMH), Norfolk (ORF) and Pittsburgh (PIT).
- Columbus (CMH) to Charleston (CHS), Hartford (BDI), New Orleans (MSY), Norfolk (ORF), Palm Beach (PBI) and Tampa (TPA).
To take advantage of this deal, you can either book a one-way flight or book two one-way flights for a round-trip, as I have done below for a CHS — PVD flight.
At this point, you can continue without selecting a seat. If you want a particular seat, you’ll have to pay for standard seating, which starts at $10 for seats in the back of the plane and goes up to $15 for seats closer to the front of the cabin. Alternatively, you can pay $25 or $30 for 10 additional inches of legroom.
Note that one personal item, such as a backpack or purse, is included in the “Nice” fares, but a carry-on bag suitable for the overhead bin and any checked luggage will cost you $20.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Normal Breeze fares are already among the lowest of the low, which means this is a really good deal for low-cost nonstop flights on select routes. Be sure to book your travel by Jan. 5.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees