This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you use Apple Pay, you can potentially save a few bucks on some upcoming purchases at select retailers, including Hotels.com! From July 19 – August 1, 2018, you can save money using Apple Pay at Hotels.com, Fandango, StubHub, and more. You can view the full listing of deals here, or a sampling is below.
- Save $5 off two Fandango tickets (use code APPLEPAYFUN)
- $10 off first GrubHub order of $15 or more
- 10% off bookings in the Hotels.com app
- $10 off $100 purchases in the StubHub app
Save 10% on Hotels.com Bookings
Since this is a travel-focused site, the offer that jumped out at me the most was the Hotels.com deal since you can save 10% off bookings in the Hotels.com app if you pay with Apple Pay. I thought this may be a great way to stack some savings and award travel earnings, but it looks like it may be a bit of a disappointment for some. Sadly, the terms indicate that you cannot collect Hotels.com Reward nights and use this 10% off deal that requires the use of the code APPLEPAY18.
If earning a credit towards the 11th night free in the Hotels.com rewards program doesn’t matter to you for some reason, you use the code above and pay in the Hotels.com app via ApplePay to save 10% on reservations made by August 1, 2018, for check-in through November 1, 2018.
You can only use this coupon for a maximum of five bookings and the coupon is only valid for the first 17,500 bookings made by all customers using this coupon. If you frequently use Apple Pay or similar digital payment services, keep in mind that the US Bank Altitude Reserve Card gives you 3X points on purchases made using digital wallets.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards