This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amtrak is currently having a flash sale for routes carried by the Northeast Regional train service. Now through July 13, you can book any Coach Class seats on the applicable routes for discounted rates starting at just $19 one-way. You can travel at these low fares between August 1 and November 9, 2018.
This deal makes it even easier to hop around the Northeast. It’s perfect for a final summer trip or great for college students going back to school in the Northeast.
Plus, Amtrak is currently making strides toward a better menu on its Northeast corridor routes, so keep an eye out for Boar’s Head meat and healthy options on board if you decide to book during this short sale.
Below are some of the route rates that Amtrak is promoting on its website. However, other routes apply.
Routes: All Northeast Regional train service, including Keystone and Pennsylvanian trains between New York and Philadelphia, and the Vermonter, between New Haven and Washington, DC, and between Virginia Beach, and Norfolk, Virginia
Cost: From $19 one-way
Book by: July 13, 2018
Dates: August 1 – November 9
Restrictions: Prices can’t be combined with other discount codes. Sale prices are available exclusively for one-way Coach Class fares and upgrades to Business Class are not permitted. Space is limited as sale prices are not available on all trains or at all times. Once purchased, tickets are non-refundable. Exchanges are permitted within the ticket validity period; a 25 percent cancellation fee applies. Other restrictions may also apply.
Washington, DC (WAS) to Richmond, VA (RVR) for $19 one-way.
Baltimore, MD (BAL) to Philadelphia, PA (PHL) for $29 one-way.
Washington, DC (WAS) to Philadelphia, PA (PHL) for $29 one-way.
Boston, MA (BOS) to New York, NY (NYP) for $39 one-way.
New York, NY (NYP) to Washington, DC (WAS) for $39 one-way.
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on train purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on all travel purchases) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees