Amtrak Flash Sale: Northeast Regional Routes From $19 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amtrak is currently having a flash sale for routes carried by the Northeast Regional train service. Now through July 13, you can book any Coach Class seats on the applicable routes for discounted rates starting at just $19 one-way. You can travel at these low fares between August 1 and November 9, 2018.
This deal makes it even easier to hop around the Northeast. It’s perfect for a final summer trip or great for college students going back to school in the Northeast.
Plus, Amtrak is currently making strides toward a better menu on its Northeast corridor routes, so keep an eye out for Boar’s Head meat and healthy options on board if you decide to book during this short sale.
Below are some of the route rates that Amtrak is promoting on its website. However, other routes apply.
Routes: All Northeast Regional train service, including Keystone and Pennsylvanian trains between New York and Philadelphia, and the Vermonter, between New Haven and Washington, DC, and between Virginia Beach, and Norfolk, Virginia
Cost: From $19 one-way
Book by: July 13, 2018
Dates: August 1 – November 9
Restrictions: Prices can’t be combined with other discount codes. Sale prices are available exclusively for one-way Coach Class fares and upgrades to Business Class are not permitted. Space is limited as sale prices are not available on all trains or at all times. Once purchased, tickets are non-refundable. Exchanges are permitted within the ticket validity period; a 25 percent cancellation fee applies. Other restrictions may also apply.
Washington, DC (WAS) to Richmond, VA (RVR) for $19 one-way.
Baltimore, MD (BAL) to Philadelphia, PA (PHL) for $29 one-way.
Washington, DC (WAS) to Philadelphia, PA (PHL) for $29 one-way.
Boston, MA (BOS) to New York, NY (NYP) for $39 one-way.
New York, NY (NYP) to Washington, DC (WAS) for $39 one-way.
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on train purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on all travel purchases) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.