This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amtrak is currently having a flash sale for routes carried by the Northeast Regional train service. Now through July 13, you can book any Coach Class seats on the applicable routes for discounted rates starting at just $19 one-way. You can travel at these low fares between August 1 and November 9, 2018.
This deal makes it even easier to hop around the Northeast. It’s perfect for a final summer trip or great for college students going back to school in the Northeast.
Plus, Amtrak is currently making strides toward a better menu on its Northeast corridor routes, so keep an eye out for Boar’s Head meat and healthy options on board if you decide to book during this short sale.
Below are some of the route rates that Amtrak is promoting on its website. However, other routes apply.
Routes: All Northeast Regional train service, including Keystone and Pennsylvanian trains between New York and Philadelphia, and the Vermonter, between New Haven and Washington, DC, and between Virginia Beach, and Norfolk, Virginia
Cost: From $19 one-way
Book by: July 13, 2018
Dates: August 1 – November 9
Restrictions: Prices can’t be combined with other discount codes. Sale prices are available exclusively for one-way Coach Class fares and upgrades to Business Class are not permitted. Space is limited as sale prices are not available on all trains or at all times. Once purchased, tickets are non-refundable. Exchanges are permitted within the ticket validity period; a 25 percent cancellation fee applies. Other restrictions may also apply.
Washington, DC (WAS) to Richmond, VA (RVR) for $19 one-way.
Baltimore, MD (BAL) to Philadelphia, PA (PHL) for $29 one-way.
Washington, DC (WAS) to Philadelphia, PA (PHL) for $29 one-way.
Boston, MA (BOS) to New York, NY (NYP) for $39 one-way.
New York, NY (NYP) to Washington, DC (WAS) for $39 one-way.
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on train purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on all travel purchases) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards