Best Business Travel Card
Business Platinum is a multifaceted Card that offers more than just business luxury travel perks. Unlock over $1,400 per year in value with the Business Platinum Card® for statement credits on select purchases, including tech, recruiting, travel and more. Enrollment required. Terms apply.
At a glance
- 5X Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com
- 1.5X Earn 1.5X points on eligible purchases at US construction material & hardware suppliers, electronic goods retailers and software & cloud system providers, and shipping providers, as well as on purchases of $5,000 or more everywhere else, on up to $2 million of these purchases per calendar year
- 1X 1X points for each dollar you spend on eligible purchases.
- Welcome Offer: Earn 120,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com, and 1X points for each dollar you spend on eligible purchases.
It’s hard to find a card that competes with the mile-long list of benefits that come with the Amex Business Platinum. While it’s certainly not the card for the average consumer, a business owner with tons of expenses — especially related to travel — will find this card incredibly valuable. This card is similar to the consumer version that Amex offers, but with more business-oriented perks around statement credits and earning rates that are a better fit for business owners.
- An up to $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee every four to five years
- Up to $400 annual credit for eligible U.S. Dell purchases (enrollment required)
- Gold status at Marriott and Hilton hotels (enrollment required)
- Access to the Fine Hotels & Resorts program and Hotel Collection
- International Airline Program and Cruise Privileges Program
- Steep annual fee
- Difficulty meeting $15,000 welcome offer for smaller businesses
- Limited high-bonus categories outside of travel
Who is this card good for?
When you pay a high annual fee, you can expect the card to come with the perks to follow. If you’re a frequent traveler and own a business or a side hustle, the Amex Business Platinum will be an incredible asset. If you’re looking for access to thousands of lounges worldwide (including the popular Amex Centurion lounges), a 35% airline bonus on first or business class tickets through Amex Travel (up to 500,000 points per calendar year), elite status through Marriott and Hilton and more, certain business owners can justify the annual fee.
You’ll earn all your rewards through Amex’s Membership Rewards program. Earn 5x on flights and prepaid hotels through Amex Travel, 1.5x points on eligible purchases in select business categories as well as on each purchase of $5,000 or more; on up to $2 million of these purchases per calendar year and 1x on other purchases.