Best for luxury business travel
This card has a unique set of perks that make it attractive for business owners looking to maximize their earning potential and unlock valuable rewards through the Ultimate Rewards program. And it comes with one of the highest sign-up bonuses we’ve seen from Chase or any business credit card — 100,000 bonus points after $15,000 worth of spend in the first three months after card opening. (Partner offer)
At a glance
- 3X Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- 1X Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases – with no limit to the amount you can earn
The Ink Business Preferred Credit Card is an excellent all-around business credit card that offers a sizable sign-up bonus and the ability to earn valuable Ultimate Rewards points on a variety of business expenses. Those rewards can then be transferred to 10 airline and three hotel partners or redeemed directly for travel at a rate of 1.25 cents per point through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal. Also, you earn 3x points on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases for travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines each account anniversary year.
- One of the highest sign-up bonuses we’ve seen for this card — 100,000 bonus points after $15,000 worth of spend in the first three months after card opening.
- Bonus categories that are most relevant to business owners for a reasonable $95 annual fee.
- Access to the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal for points redemption.
- Trip cancellation/interruption insurance, trip delay reimbursement and primary car rental insurance when traveling on business.
- Additional perks including extended warranty, cellphone protection and purchase protection.
- High spending needed to get 100,000-point sign-up bonus.
- Subject to Chase's 5/24 rule on card applications.
Who is this card good for?
The Ink Business Preferred Credit Card packs a punch for a reasonable $95 annual fee. It’s a card that clearly targets small-business owners and the varied operating expenses they encounter. It’s possible to apply (and get approved) for a card like the Ink Business Preferred without a formal business, but the earning rates and added perks are most appealing to those with an actual business.
You’ll earn 3x Ultimate Rewards points per dollar on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases for travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines. The $150,000 threshold is based on account anniversary year, so it will reset each year when your card is renewed.