NEW BENEFIT! TAKEOFF15!
If Delta Air Lines is your airline of choice and are working up to build your elite status, the Delta SkyMiles Platinum card is a terrific way to boost your journey at a reasonable annual fee. (Partner offer)
At a glance
- 3X Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- 2X Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery in the U.S. and at U.S. supermarkets.
- 1X Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
Build your loyalty to Delta by applying for the carrier’s mid-tier card option, the Delta SkyMiles Platinum card. The annual fee is quickly recouped by the card’s travel perks, such as an application credit to Global Entry or TSA Precheck, annual companion certificate and so much more. Plus you can fast-track to elite status simply through card spend.
- Earn bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and an Medallion Qualifying Dollar (MQD) waiver when you hit specific spending thresholds with your card within a calendar year
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year
- Statement credit for TSA PreCheck/Global Entry fee (up to $100)
- First checked bag free
- Doesn't make sense if you don't fly Delta
- SkyMiles aren't the most valuable airline currency
Who is this card good for?
This card is best for those who need an extra boost toward Delta Medallion status with the opportunity to earn extra Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQMs) from card spend alone. Meanwhile, enjoy elite-like perks while you’re on your journey with a first free checked bag, an annual companion certificate for a domestic Main Cabin round-trip ticket, pay-per-visit Delta Sky Club access and more.
You’ll earn bonus miles on a great blend of travel and everyday expenses: 3x on eligible Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2x at restaurants and U.S. supermarkets and 1x on all other eligible purchases.