Best Delta card for infrequent flyers
The Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card is a great choice for people who may not fly Delta but still want to save money when they do. (Partner offer)
At a glance
- 2X Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery in the U.S. and at U.S. supermarkets.
- 1X Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory Annual Fee for the first year, then $99.
If you’re not looking for premium perks such as lounge access or earning status with Delta through spending, this card is a good option. It allows you to earn SkyMiles toward award travel and to save money with perks such as your first checked bag free and discounts on inflight purchases. The card’s low annual fee won’t break the bank, either.
- First checked bag free for you and up to eight companions
- Main Cabin 1 priority boarding
- 20% back in the form of a statement credit on inflight purchases (not including Wi-Fi)
- Doesn't make sense if you don't fly Delta
- There are better Delta cards if you want lounge access or a boost to earn elite status
Who is this card good for?
You don’t have to be a Delta loyalist to benefit from this card. With a $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $99, you can easily take advantage of benefits that will outweigh the cost of the card. Perks such as your first checked bag free, and 20% back on inflight purchases are great ways to save money.
The Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card earns 2x miles at U.S. supermarkets, restaurants and on Delta purchases. It also earns 1x miles on other eligible purchases, making it one of the best airline credit cards.