Best for small businesses that spend under $50,000 each year
If you’re just starting out with your small business (or side hustle), you may have some expenses that you’d like to maximize with a credit card but can’t yet justify paying an annual fee on other business cards. That’s where the Blue Business Plus card comes in. (Partner offer)
At a glance
- 2X Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners
- 1X 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners. 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter.
Annual fees are not for everyone, and the Amex Blue Business Plus makes credit card rewards approachable for new business owners who can’t justify adding yet another cost to their long list of expenses. With no annual fee, a simple rewards rate and access to the highly treasured Amex Membership Rewards program, you can then turn your rewards into travel, statement credits or more.
- No annual fee
- Earn Membership Rewards points
- Transfer points to 22 airline and hotel partners
- 2x points capped at $50,000 per calendar year; then 1x
- No higher bonus categories for business-related spending
Who is this card good for?
This credit card is good for two groups of consumers. First, small business owners who have under $50,000 in purchases and wants to minimize any extra costs will find tremendous value from this card’s straightforward point-earning approach. Or, if you already own other Amex cards that earn Membership Rewards points and want a card with an everyday rewards rate, the 2x is helpful for all purchases (given that you spend less than $50,000 per calendar year).
You’ll earn 2x on the first $50,000 spent per calendar year, then 1x.