Lufthansa Miles and More Program to Allow Mileage Pooling
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Families of up to seven people will be able to combine award miles across accounts — specifically up to two adults and five children. When miles are scattered across accounts, pooling makes it much easier to get enough miles in one account to actually redeem for an award flight.
While most US readers aren’t crediting their Star Alliance flights to the Miles and More program, it’s nice to see that a mileage program is introducing positive changes for its members.
Miles and More has some decent redemptions. You can fly round-trip from the US to Europe in business for just 105,000 miles.
Miles and More is a transfer partner of SPG, so you can transfer Starpoints to your Miles and More account. The Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card From American Express is currently offering an elevated 35,000-point welcome bonus after spending $7,000 in the first three months.
Other mileage programs that allow pooling include Hilton Honors, British Airways Avios and JetBlue TrueBlue.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.