This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Card from American Express
Families of up to seven people will be able to combine award miles across accounts — specifically up to two adults and five children. When miles are scattered across accounts, pooling makes it much easier to get enough miles in one account to actually redeem for an award flight.
While most US readers aren’t crediting their Star Alliance flights to the Miles and More program, it’s nice to see that a mileage program is introducing positive changes for its members.
Miles and More has some decent redemptions. You can fly round-trip from the US to Europe in business for just 105,000 miles.
Miles and More is a transfer partner of SPG, so you can transfer Starpoints to your Miles and More account. The Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card From American Express is currently offering an elevated 35,000-point welcome bonus after spending $7,000 in the first three months.
Other mileage programs that allow pooling include Hilton Honors, British Airways Avios and JetBlue TrueBlue.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees