This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In addition to offering picturesque views and an eco-chic resort living, this Marriott Hotel timeshare located in Dominica will offer one of the most unique perks: citizenship for the small Caribbean island.
As a part of Marriott’s Autograph Collection, The Anichi Resort and Spa will open in late 2019 in Portsmouth, Dominica, and the investment in the timeshare also grants citizenship for the tiny island nation through the Citizenship by Investment Program.
To be eligible for citizenship in Dominica under the program, you must make a contribution into the Economic Diversification Fund of about $100,000 for a single applicant or make an investment in designated real estate with a value of at least $200,000.
The Anichi Resort & Spa in Dominica will allow you to buy a “preferred share” for $220,000 as a citizenship investment through its Citizenship by Investment Program. The development’s website even has a section dedicated to the citizenship aspect of buying a property there.
The government of Dominica also charges citizenship fees, which must be paid alongside real estate investments when filing for citizenship paperwork. Those fees start at $25,000 for a single applicant, $35,000 for a couple and increase from there, depending on family size. There are also due diligence fees and processing fees that add up to several thousand more dollars.
As a citizen of Dominica, you could enjoy access to 130 countries and territories visa free. A Dominica passport ranks number 35 on the list of passports that allow the most freedom to travel.
The Dominican Citizenship Program takes less than three months and does not have any requirements for residency, language or interviews during the process. In addition to citizenship, the investment in the timeshare will grant access to the resort for up to two weeks annually.
Featured image by Marriott.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees