Buy This Timeshare and Get Citizenship on a Caribbean Island
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In addition to offering picturesque views and an eco-chic resort living, this Marriott Hotel timeshare located in Dominica will offer one of the most unique perks: citizenship for the small Caribbean island.
As a part of Marriott’s Autograph Collection, The Anichi Resort and Spa will open in late 2019 in Portsmouth, Dominica, and the investment in the timeshare also grants citizenship for the tiny island nation through the Citizenship by Investment Program.
To be eligible for citizenship in Dominica under the program, you must make a contribution into the Economic Diversification Fund of about $100,000 for a single applicant or make an investment in designated real estate with a value of at least $200,000.
The Anichi Resort & Spa in Dominica will allow you to buy a “preferred share” for $220,000 as a citizenship investment through its Citizenship by Investment Program. The development’s website even has a section dedicated to the citizenship aspect of buying a property there.
The government of Dominica also charges citizenship fees, which must be paid alongside real estate investments when filing for citizenship paperwork. Those fees start at $25,000 for a single applicant, $35,000 for a couple and increase from there, depending on family size. There are also due diligence fees and processing fees that add up to several thousand more dollars.
As a citizen of Dominica, you could enjoy access to 130 countries and territories visa free. A Dominica passport ranks number 35 on the list of passports that allow the most freedom to travel.
The Dominican Citizenship Program takes less than three months and does not have any requirements for residency, language or interviews during the process. In addition to citizenship, the investment in the timeshare will grant access to the resort for up to two weeks annually.
Featured image by Marriott.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.