Buy This Timeshare and Get Citizenship on a Caribbean Island
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In addition to offering picturesque views and an eco-chic resort living, this Marriott Hotel timeshare located in Dominica will offer one of the most unique perks: citizenship for the small Caribbean island.
As a part of Marriott’s Autograph Collection, The Anichi Resort and Spa will open in late 2019 in Portsmouth, Dominica, and the investment in the timeshare also grants citizenship for the tiny island nation through the Citizenship by Investment Program.
To be eligible for citizenship in Dominica under the program, you must make a contribution into the Economic Diversification Fund of about $100,000 for a single applicant or make an investment in designated real estate with a value of at least $200,000.
The Anichi Resort & Spa in Dominica will allow you to buy a “preferred share” for $220,000 as a citizenship investment through its Citizenship by Investment Program. The development’s website even has a section dedicated to the citizenship aspect of buying a property there.
The government of Dominica also charges citizenship fees, which must be paid alongside real estate investments when filing for citizenship paperwork. Those fees start at $25,000 for a single applicant, $35,000 for a couple and increase from there, depending on family size. There are also due diligence fees and processing fees that add up to several thousand more dollars.
As a citizen of Dominica, you could enjoy access to 130 countries and territories visa free. A Dominica passport ranks number 35 on the list of passports that allow the most freedom to travel.
The Dominican Citizenship Program takes less than three months and does not have any requirements for residency, language or interviews during the process. In addition to citizenship, the investment in the timeshare will grant access to the resort for up to two weeks annually.
Featured image by Marriott.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees