This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In addition to offering picturesque views and an eco-chic resort living, this Marriott Hotel timeshare located in Dominica will offer one of the most unique perks: citizenship for the small Caribbean island.
As a part of Marriott’s Autograph Collection, The Anichi Resort and Spa will open in late 2019 in Portsmouth, Dominica, and the investment in the timeshare also grants citizenship for the tiny island nation through the Citizenship by Investment Program.
To be eligible for citizenship in Dominica under the program, you must make a contribution into the Economic Diversification Fund of about $100,000 for a single applicant or make an investment in designated real estate with a value of at least $200,000.
The Anichi Resort & Spa in Dominica will allow you to buy a “preferred share” for $220,000 as a citizenship investment through its Citizenship by Investment Program. The development’s website even has a section dedicated to the citizenship aspect of buying a property there.
The government of Dominica also charges citizenship fees, which must be paid alongside real estate investments when filing for citizenship paperwork. Those fees start at $25,000 for a single applicant, $35,000 for a couple and increase from there, depending on family size. There are also due diligence fees and processing fees that add up to several thousand more dollars.
As a citizen of Dominica, you could enjoy access to 130 countries and territories visa free. A Dominica passport ranks number 35 on the list of passports that allow the most freedom to travel.
The Dominican Citizenship Program takes less than three months and does not have any requirements for residency, language or interviews during the process. In addition to citizenship, the investment in the timeshare will grant access to the resort for up to two weeks annually.
Featured image by Marriott.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards