This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Baha Mar, a massive resort that recently opened on Nassau, Bahamas, after more than 10 years of construction, sits on 1,000 acres and a half-mile stretch of beachside property and cost over $4 billion to build. The resort includes three hotel properties (totaling 2,300 rooms), 42 restaurants and lounges, an 18-hole golf course, a casino and the resort’s most recent arrival: flamingos.
Now the resort is looking to hire a CFO — no MBA required. Baha Mar is searching for a Chief Flamingo Officer to take care of its prized pink flock in Nassau. According to Baha Mar’s career page, they are looking for someone who serves as a “working supervisor for all flamingo areas, collaborating with the Avian Curator, other Avian Managers and Aviculturist staff. This position oversees the day to day operations of the flamingo collections and the staff that work in those areas to create a Beach Sanctuary experience that will leave a lasting impression on guests.”
But the CFO position is not for anyone — the resort is looking for a qualified individual with a lot of animal care experience, specifically someone with a zoology (or related) degree and five years experience of working with exotic birds. The CFO must have a wide knowledge of the flamingo — Bahamas national bird — and will work closely with guests of the resort as well as other team members.
The CFO will also work alongside Baha Mar’s Chief Scientist who runs the BEACH (Bahamas Mar Ecological Aquatic Conservation Habitat) Sanctuary. The sanctuary is dedicated to protecting and preserving wildlife in the Bahamas.
The flamingos will live in a “flamingo mansion” which will have both indoor and outdoor areas so the birds can come and go as they wish. The CFO position is open to anyone who fulfills the resort’s requirements and applications. The application period for the CFO position closes at the end of February — best of luck!
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees