This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Baha Mar, a massive resort that recently opened on Nassau, Bahamas, after more than 10 years of construction, sits on 1,000 acres and a half-mile stretch of beachside property and cost over $4 billion to build. The resort includes three hotel properties (totaling 2,300 rooms), 42 restaurants and lounges, an 18-hole golf course, a casino and the resort’s most recent arrival: flamingos.
Now the resort is looking to hire a CFO — no MBA required. Baha Mar is searching for a Chief Flamingo Officer to take care of its prized pink flock in Nassau. According to Baha Mar’s career page, they are looking for someone who serves as a “working supervisor for all flamingo areas, collaborating with the Avian Curator, other Avian Managers and Aviculturist staff. This position oversees the day to day operations of the flamingo collections and the staff that work in those areas to create a Beach Sanctuary experience that will leave a lasting impression on guests.”
But the CFO position is not for anyone — the resort is looking for a qualified individual with a lot of animal care experience, specifically someone with a zoology (or related) degree and five years experience of working with exotic birds. The CFO must have a wide knowledge of the flamingo — Bahamas national bird — and will work closely with guests of the resort as well as other team members.
The CFO will also work alongside Baha Mar’s Chief Scientist who runs the BEACH (Bahamas Mar Ecological Aquatic Conservation Habitat) Sanctuary. The sanctuary is dedicated to protecting and preserving wildlife in the Bahamas.
The flamingos will live in a “flamingo mansion” which will have both indoor and outdoor areas so the birds can come and go as they wish. The CFO position is open to anyone who fulfills the resort’s requirements and applications. The application period for the CFO position closes at the end of February — best of luck!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees