Get Paid to Live on Bahamas and Care for Flamingos
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Baha Mar, a massive resort that recently opened on Nassau, Bahamas, after more than 10 years of construction, sits on 1,000 acres and a half-mile stretch of beachside property and cost over $4 billion to build. The resort includes three hotel properties (totaling 2,300 rooms), 42 restaurants and lounges, an 18-hole golf course, a casino and the resort’s most recent arrival: flamingos.
Now the resort is looking to hire a CFO — no MBA required. Baha Mar is searching for a Chief Flamingo Officer to take care of its prized pink flock in Nassau. According to Baha Mar’s career page, they are looking for someone who serves as a “working supervisor for all flamingo areas, collaborating with the Avian Curator, other Avian Managers and Aviculturist staff. This position oversees the day to day operations of the flamingo collections and the staff that work in those areas to create a Beach Sanctuary experience that will leave a lasting impression on guests.”
But the CFO position is not for anyone — the resort is looking for a qualified individual with a lot of animal care experience, specifically someone with a zoology (or related) degree and five years experience of working with exotic birds. The CFO must have a wide knowledge of the flamingo — Bahamas national bird — and will work closely with guests of the resort as well as other team members.
The CFO will also work alongside Baha Mar’s Chief Scientist who runs the BEACH (Bahamas Mar Ecological Aquatic Conservation Habitat) Sanctuary. The sanctuary is dedicated to protecting and preserving wildlife in the Bahamas.
The flamingos will live in a “flamingo mansion” which will have both indoor and outdoor areas so the birds can come and go as they wish. The CFO position is open to anyone who fulfills the resort’s requirements and applications. The application period for the CFO position closes at the end of February — best of luck!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3 points per dollar on the first $150,000 in combined spending on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services, and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines.
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases–with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more – your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee