WOW Air Brings Back $69 One-Way to Iceland, $89 One-Way to Other European Destinations
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
WOW Air is bringing back its famous $69 one-way flights to Iceland. As part of this promotion, you can find one-way fares from select US cities to Reykjavik, Iceland (KEF) from $69.99 one-way, and to a number of European destinations from $89.99 one-way.
To book as part of this sale at reduced fares, you must be originating in any of the following US cities: Baltimore (BWI), Pittsburgh (PIT), Newark (EWR), Boston (BOS), San Francisco (SFO) or Chicago (ORD). As mentioned, the cheapest one-way fares are to Reykjavik (KEF) for $69.99. However, the following cities are also eligible for reduced fares, starting at $89.99:
- London (LGW)
- Amsterdam (AMS)
- Copenhagen (CPH)
- Brussels (BRU)
- Edinburgh (EDI)
- Dublin (DUB)
- Frankfurt (FRA)
In order to get the cheapest fares, travel must be completed between January 17 and April 24, 2018. There’s no telling how long these fares will be around, so it’ll be better to book sooner rather than later. Note that we’re only finding the cheapest fares on round-trip tickets — not one-way.
Here are some examples of what you can purchase:
Baltimore (BWI) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $190 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $190 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to Amsterdam (AMS) for $240 round-trip:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Frankfurt (FRA) for $267 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $350 round-trip:
Keep in mind that WOW Air is a low-cost carrier, meaning you’ll pay fees for things that are usually free. Fees you’ll pay range from meals to seat assignments to checked baggage and more. So, while the fare may seem too good to pass up, keep in mind that if you want to customize your trip, you’ll have to pay even more. Check out what the WOW Air experience was like when TPG‘s Brendan Dorsey flew it.
Featured image by Friðþjófur M. / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.