This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
WOW Air is bringing back its famous $69 one-way flights to Iceland. As part of this promotion, you can find one-way fares from select US cities to Reykjavik, Iceland (KEF) from $69.99 one-way, and to a number of European destinations from $89.99 one-way.
To book as part of this sale at reduced fares, you must be originating in any of the following US cities: Baltimore (BWI), Pittsburgh (PIT), Newark (EWR), Boston (BOS), San Francisco (SFO) or Chicago (ORD). As mentioned, the cheapest one-way fares are to Reykjavik (KEF) for $69.99. However, the following cities are also eligible for reduced fares, starting at $89.99:
- London (LGW)
- Amsterdam (AMS)
- Copenhagen (CPH)
- Brussels (BRU)
- Edinburgh (EDI)
- Dublin (DUB)
- Frankfurt (FRA)
In order to get the cheapest fares, travel must be completed between January 17 and April 24, 2018. There’s no telling how long these fares will be around, so it’ll be better to book sooner rather than later. Note that we’re only finding the cheapest fares on round-trip tickets — not one-way.
Here are some examples of what you can purchase:
Baltimore (BWI) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $190 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $190 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to Amsterdam (AMS) for $240 round-trip:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Frankfurt (FRA) for $267 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $350 round-trip:
Keep in mind that WOW Air is a low-cost carrier, meaning you’ll pay fees for things that are usually free. Fees you’ll pay range from meals to seat assignments to checked baggage and more. So, while the fare may seem too good to pass up, keep in mind that if you want to customize your trip, you’ll have to pay even more. Check out what the WOW Air experience was like when TPG‘s Brendan Dorsey flew it.
Featured image by Friðþjófur M. / Getty Images.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees