Japanese Retailer Muji Opens Two New Hotels, Restaurants in China
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Attention Muji store fans and customers: Get ready to eat, sleep and breathe everything Muji, because the popular Japanese lifestyle brand will be opening its first Muji Hotel in Shenzhen, China on January 18. Another location in Beijing is slated to open a few months later.
Since 1980, Muji has created quality products at low prices for its retail stores. With over 600 stores worldwide, Muji — which translates to “no brand, quality goods” — prides itself on its simple, minimalist philosophy. Already offering everything from homeware to clothing, the Japanese company is extending its minimalist concept one step further with a series of hotels.
The Shenzhen hotel design will reflect “an anti-gorgeous, anti-cheap concept,” according to the company. Each room is outfitted with the brand’s own furnishings, bedding and products. Guests will find Muji products in the rooms — ranging from toothbrushes to wall-mounted CD players — and all Muji products can be purchased from the on-site store, situated on the second and third floors.
The Shenzhen hotel will offer a gym, all-day dining, a library and the brand-new store, which will open its doors the same day as the hotel. On the third floor of the hotel, guests will find the Muji Diner, which will serve local fare inspired by home cooking from around the world, and served on Muji dinnerware, of course.
According to the brand, the goal is to offer guests “great sleep at the right price, provide a space supporting both body and soul while away from home and connect travelers to local communities.”
Looking further ahead, an additional Muji Hotel is scheduled to open in Beijing in March 2018 and another is slated to open in Ginza, Tokyo in the spring of 2019.
Image courtesy of Muji
H/T Lonely Planet
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.