Japanese Retailer Muji Opens Two New Hotels, Restaurants in China
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Attention Muji store fans and customers: Get ready to eat, sleep and breathe everything Muji, because the popular Japanese lifestyle brand will be opening its first Muji Hotel in Shenzhen, China on January 18. Another location in Beijing is slated to open a few months later.
Since 1980, Muji has created quality products at low prices for its retail stores. With over 600 stores worldwide, Muji — which translates to “no brand, quality goods” — prides itself on its simple, minimalist philosophy. Already offering everything from homeware to clothing, the Japanese company is extending its minimalist concept one step further with a series of hotels.
The Shenzhen hotel design will reflect “an anti-gorgeous, anti-cheap concept,” according to the company. Each room is outfitted with the brand’s own furnishings, bedding and products. Guests will find Muji products in the rooms — ranging from toothbrushes to wall-mounted CD players — and all Muji products can be purchased from the on-site store, situated on the second and third floors.
The Shenzhen hotel will offer a gym, all-day dining, a library and the brand-new store, which will open its doors the same day as the hotel. On the third floor of the hotel, guests will find the Muji Diner, which will serve local fare inspired by home cooking from around the world, and served on Muji dinnerware, of course.
According to the brand, the goal is to offer guests “great sleep at the right price, provide a space supporting both body and soul while away from home and connect travelers to local communities.”
Looking further ahead, an additional Muji Hotel is scheduled to open in Beijing in March 2018 and another is slated to open in Ginza, Tokyo in the spring of 2019.
Image courtesy of Muji
H/T Lonely Planet
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees