This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Kimpton Karma Rewards has officially folded into IHG Rewards. Back in 2014, IHG acquired Kimpton Hotels, however, since then, the two loyalty programs remained separate entities. Then, last year, IHG announced that Kimpton Karma Rewards would eventually be swallowed into the IHG Rewards sometime in early 2018. As of Wednesday, it appears as though that switch has officially been flipped, as Kimpton properties are now redeemable on IHG’s site.
At the end of December 2017, Kimpton Karma nights accrued were converted to IHG points, and Kimpton elite members were given comparable elite status in the IHG Rewards elite structure. At this point, there doesn’t appear to be a published award chart for how many IHG points it will cost you to stay at Kimpton properties. Rather, you can search each property individually.
Given that Kimpton properties are highly desirable in many cases, most of the properties fall in the higher rage of categories — between 40,000-70,000 IHG points per night. Here are a few examples of the rates for award nights at some of the Kimpton properties:
- Kimpton Hotel Allegro, Chicago — 45,000 points per night
- Kimpton Gray Hotel, Chicago — 50,000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Madera, Washington, DC — 50,000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco, Chicago — 50,000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco, Seattle — 50,000 points per night
- Kimpton Buchanan Hotel, San Francisco — 55,000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Palomar, Philadelphia — 55,000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Palomar Beverly Hills, Los Angeles — 60,000 points per night
- Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, Boston — 60,000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco, Washington, DC — 65,0000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Eventi, New York — 70,0000 point per night
- Kimpton La Peer Hotel, Los Angeles — 70,000 points per night
- Kimpton Muse Hotel, New York — 70,000 points per night
In addition, travelers who frequent Kimpton properties will be pleased to hear that even though the Kimpton Karma Rewards program is being folded into IHG Rewards, some customer favorites will stick around. For example, Raid the Bar, in-room spa credit, free Wi-Fi and more will continue to roll over into the IHG Rewards program.
This addition from IHG to its portfolio of redemption hotels comes just a few days after IHG announced award category changes at more than 650 properties. In addition, the program announced that it was doing away with the free night award for successful Best Rate Guarantee filings, replacing it with a point rebate.
Featured image of the Kimpton La Peer Hotel, Los Angeles by the hotel.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees