This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Kimpton Karma Rewards has officially folded into IHG Rewards. Back in 2014, IHG acquired Kimpton Hotels, however, since then, the two loyalty programs remained separate entities. Then, last year, IHG announced that Kimpton Karma Rewards would eventually be swallowed into the IHG Rewards sometime in early 2018. As of Wednesday, it appears as though that switch has officially been flipped, as Kimpton properties are now redeemable on IHG’s site.
At the end of December 2017, Kimpton Karma nights accrued were converted to IHG points, and Kimpton elite members were given comparable elite status in the IHG Rewards elite structure. At this point, there doesn’t appear to be a published award chart for how many IHG points it will cost you to stay at Kimpton properties. Rather, you can search each property individually.
Given that Kimpton properties are highly desirable in many cases, most of the properties fall in the higher rage of categories — between 40,000-70,000 IHG points per night. Here are a few examples of the rates for award nights at some of the Kimpton properties:
- Kimpton Hotel Allegro, Chicago — 45,000 points per night
- Kimpton Gray Hotel, Chicago — 50,000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Madera, Washington, DC — 50,000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco, Chicago — 50,000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco, Seattle — 50,000 points per night
- Kimpton Buchanan Hotel, San Francisco — 55,000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Palomar, Philadelphia — 55,000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Palomar Beverly Hills, Los Angeles — 60,000 points per night
- Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, Boston — 60,000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco, Washington, DC — 65,0000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Eventi, New York — 70,0000 point per night
- Kimpton La Peer Hotel, Los Angeles — 70,000 points per night
- Kimpton Muse Hotel, New York — 70,000 points per night
According to reports on Reddit, annual IHG free night certificates from the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card can also be used for Kimpton properties. In addition, travelers who frequent Kimpton properties will be pleased to hear that even though the Kimpton Karma Rewards program is being folded into IHG Rewards, some customer favorites will stick around. For example, Raid the Bar, in-room spa credit, free Wi-Fi and more will continue to roll over into the IHG Rewards program.
This addition from IHG to its portfolio of redemption hotels comes just a few days after IHG announced award category changes at more than 650 properties. In addition, the program announced that it was doing away with the free night award for successful Best Rate Guarantee filings, replacing it with a point rebate.
Featured image of the Kimpton La Peer Hotel, Los Angeles by the hotel.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees