You Can Now Redeem IHG Points for Kimpton Properties
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Kimpton Karma Rewards has officially folded into IHG Rewards. Back in 2014, IHG acquired Kimpton Hotels, however, since then, the two loyalty programs remained separate entities. Then, last year, IHG announced that Kimpton Karma Rewards would eventually be swallowed into the IHG Rewards sometime in early 2018. As of Wednesday, it appears as though that switch has officially been flipped, as Kimpton properties are now redeemable on IHG’s site.
At the end of December 2017, Kimpton Karma nights accrued were converted to IHG points, and Kimpton elite members were given comparable elite status in the IHG Rewards elite structure. At this point, there doesn’t appear to be a published award chart for how many IHG points it will cost you to stay at Kimpton properties. Rather, you can search each property individually.
Given that Kimpton properties are highly desirable in many cases, most of the properties fall in the higher rage of categories — between 40,000-70,000 IHG points per night. Here are a few examples of the rates for award nights at some of the Kimpton properties:
- Kimpton Hotel Allegro, Chicago — 45,000 points per night
- Kimpton Gray Hotel, Chicago — 50,000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Madera, Washington, DC — 50,000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco, Chicago — 50,000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco, Seattle — 50,000 points per night
- Kimpton Buchanan Hotel, San Francisco — 55,000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Palomar, Philadelphia — 55,000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Palomar Beverly Hills, Los Angeles — 60,000 points per night
- Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, Boston — 60,000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco, Washington, DC — 65,0000 points per night
- Kimpton Hotel Eventi, New York — 70,0000 point per night
- Kimpton La Peer Hotel, Los Angeles — 70,000 points per night
- Kimpton Muse Hotel, New York — 70,000 points per night
In addition, travelers who frequent Kimpton properties will be pleased to hear that even though the Kimpton Karma Rewards program is being folded into IHG Rewards, some customer favorites will stick around. For example, Raid the Bar, in-room spa credit, free Wi-Fi and more will continue to roll over into the IHG Rewards program.
This addition from IHG to its portfolio of redemption hotels comes just a few days after IHG announced award category changes at more than 650 properties. In addition, the program announced that it was doing away with the free night award for successful Best Rate Guarantee filings, replacing it with a point rebate.
Featured image of the Kimpton La Peer Hotel, Los Angeles by the hotel.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee