5 Useful Apps That Will Help You Perfectly Pack Your Suitcase
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Even if you have a brand new suitcase, it doesn’t mean you know how to pack properly. Things like weather changes can make the contents of your suitcase irrelevant if you’re not prepared, sending you rushing to the store to pick up an umbrella, an extra clothing layer or charger and more toiletries.
Or, maybe you’re one of those travelers who always seem to leave out something essential when you pack, stuff way too much in your case or just need to streamline your packing experience overall. No matter the, ahem, case, here are five apps that will help make sure everything you need for your trip gets safely secured in your bag.
With PackPoint, you first select your destination, reason for trip (business or leisure), sex, length of stay and other key filters like baby, international, work, beach, laundry capabilities and more. Then, voilà: a custom packing list is created. You’re able to modify the number of items (like two swimsuits instead of just one), add new items and hide items you don’t need and then check things you’ve packed off as you go. The premium version, which costs $2.99, allows integration with apps like TripIt and Evernote, letting users add custom activities. Both the free and premium versions allow users to share the list with travel mates via email or social media. The app is free to download.
Packr Travel Packing Checklist
Once you enter your dates, sex, filters and destination, Packr automatically pulls in the weather for your destination and creates a custom packing list. There are plenty of filters to choose from, including mode of transportation, like plane, car, train, bus and even boat or motorcycle. Swiping left allows you to remove irrelevant items from your list and once your item is packed, check it off. If you have a multi-city trip you need to pack for, you’ll have to pay $.99 for that version of the app. The premium version, which is $1.99, does things like estimate weather for dates far in advance and allows you to sync your list on all your devices. The intriguing photos of your destination give this app more visual appeal than some of the others on this list. This app is free to download.
Download for on iOS
This app is ideal for families who need to create multi-person packing lists. The app sets reminders to pack certain items and encourages uploading photos so you know exactly which items you have in mind. After all, not just any black sweater will do — it has to be the right one. You can even select laundry and food prep options to remind yourself to bring enough clothing and of course, snacks. Once your list is generated, it will sync to your iCloud for easy access. The app costs $2.99.
Download for iOS.
Travel List App
This travel packing app has a clear and organized interface, allowing you to create your packing list organized by category. You can set reminders and alarms to pack specific items and check them off once packed. Trips can be viewed in either list or calendar form, where you can see everything laid out month-by-month. One of the “prettiest” of the packing apps, each list is fully customizable and can be synced via iCloud and shared via social media. The app cost $1.99.
Download for iOS.
Slightly different than the other packing apps, this one’s for the fashionistas and can also be used to shop or categorize your wardrobe. Start by selecting your personal style from filters like hipster, basic, classic, pretty or trendy. Next, select which type of clothes you need to wear, if you’re typically cold or hot and your temperature unit. Then, at the bottom, you’ll see a button that says “Pack for Travel,” where you’ll be prompted to enter key information about your trip. You’ll get a curated packing list as well photos of accessories and daily recommendations for stylish items to wear during your trip. The app is free.
Download on iOS.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.