Delta Flash Sale: Fly to the Caribbean or Central America From 11,000 SkyMiles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Escape south to the Caribbean or Central America with Delta’s latest award flash sale. Every so often, Delta offers award flash sales, allowing flyers to redeem their Delta SkyMiles for reduced rates on travel to a specific country or region. In the latest version of this promotion, you can fly to see the clear blue waters of the Caribbean or Central America from 16,000 SkyMiles round-trip — and we’re seeing round-trip awards even lower.
In order to take advantage of these reduced award rates, you must book by 11:59pm ET on January 10, 2018, and travel between April 8 and June 1, 2018. While Delta advertises award flights from 16,000 SkyMiles round-trip, we’re seeing round-trip fares from 11,000 SkyMiles round-trip. The reduced fares are only for main cabin travel on select Delta-operated flights between the continental US and a number of Caribbean or Central American destinations. Keep in mind that you’ll also need to pay the taxes and fees on these award tickets, which can be pricey, and there is a Saturday night stay required. And while Delta’s main promotion page is advertising these low fares to the “Carribbean,” it spells the region correctly on all subsequent references, with the exception of once in the terms and conditions.
As part of the sale, Delta lists the following destinations as eligible for the reduced rates: Antigua and Barbuda (ANU); Aruba (AUA); Bermuda (BDA); Bonaire (BON); Eleuthera, Bahamas (ELH); Freeport, Bahamas (FPO); Grand Cayman (GCM); Great Exuma, Bahamas (GGT); Grenada (GND); Kingston, Jamaica (KIN); Montego Bay, Jamaica (MBJ); Nassau, Bahamas (NAS); Providenciales (PLS); Punta Cana (PUJ); San Juan (SJU); Saint Kitts & Nevis (SKB); St. Thomas (STT); St. Croix (STX); St. Maarten (SXM); St. Lucia (UVF); Belize (BZE); Guatemala (GUA); Nicaragua (MGA); Panama (PTY); Roatán, Honduras (RTB); El Salvador (SAL); La Lima, Honduras (SAP); Tegucigalpa, Honduras (TGU).
Here are some examples of what you can book:
Miami (MIA) to Providenciales (PLS) for 11,000 SkyMiles + $98 round-trip:
Baltimore (BWI) to Nassau, Bahamas (NAS) for $12,000 SkyMiles + $116 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to Providenciales (PLS) for 16,000 SkyMiles + $98 round-trip:
Delta doesn’t publish an award chart, so there’s no telling just exactly how discounted these award sale fares are. However, if you’re thinking about taking a trip to to the Caribbean or Central America and have the SkyMiles to spend, this could be a good deal. Even if you’re not flying to one of the listed cities, it could be worth checking to see if it’s eligible for a discounted award ticket.
If you don’t have enough SkyMiles in your account, consider applying for one of the Delta SkyMiles credit cards from American Express to ensure you’re able to take advantage of an offer like this next time one pops up. For example, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express comes with a bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first three months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first three months. You’ll earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases and 1 mile per dollar on everything else.
Featured image by Marco Bottigelli / Getty Images.
H/T: View From the Wing
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.